Photo

Grey Bruce Arabian Horse Association

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:14 AM

The Grey Bruce Arabian Horse Association will be holding an information amd membership meeting on January 25th 2009 at the Walkerton Ag building starting at 2:00 p.m.

If you own arabs or half arabs or are a lover of the Arabian breed we encourage you to attend. Hoping to see you there!
----------------------------------------------------

I don't know how many people would be from Grey or Bruce Counties but it doesn't hurt to advertise.

I am going to join this year and would like to help promote this local club.

Richelle

MI Royal Flag (*Silver Flag AHS X MI Royal Spring) 1990BM Brazen Angel (*Dandaloo Kadet X Brazen Secret) 2006BM Evening Fire Ruby (Fire Reflection X MI Royal Flag) 2009BM  Evening Kadence Rumba (Kari Lockets Kadence X MI Royal Flag) 2011BM Evening Crabbet Diva (Crabbet Royalty X *Rothlynne Pure Delight) 2012 BM Evening Crabbet Bliss (Crabbet Royalty X *Acabona Blessing) 2012 BM

#2 brandale

brandale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

I want to wish you much success in the resurrection of this club. There are lots of Arabian owners still living in your area. I remember and attended some of the events put on by the club in the past. It is good that you have taken the initiative to call a meeting.

#3 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:15 PM

Brandale,
Unfortunately, it wasn't my idea to start up this club again. lol. I found an add on the local Kijiji and inquired.

I remember the Walkerton Horse Festivals they would put on and other promotional stuff locally. I agree there are many people up here with Arabs and this could be a fun way to bring them together.

Hopefully it has a fresh start and a properous year.
Thanks,
Richelle

MI Royal Flag (*Silver Flag AHS X MI Royal Spring) 1990BM Brazen Angel (*Dandaloo Kadet X Brazen Secret) 2006BM Evening Fire Ruby (Fire Reflection X MI Royal Flag) 2009BM  Evening Kadence Rumba (Kari Lockets Kadence X MI Royal Flag) 2011BM Evening Crabbet Diva (Crabbet Royalty X *Rothlynne Pure Delight) 2012 BM Evening Crabbet Bliss (Crabbet Royalty X *Acabona Blessing) 2012 BM

#4 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,663 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

Did anyone go to this? I was unable to make it - just no time and it is over 1 hrs drive away and there never is enough hours in a day for everything you want to do. Especially in winter! Anyhow would love to be filled in on who went etc.
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#5 Dalriada

Dalriada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:50 AM

Wow - glad to see one interest group starting up again.

Maybe this is what society needs is getting back to grass roots clubs and events. I too remember some of the Walkerton Festival - spectating, competing and displaying stallions. I also can remember going up and giving a couple of clinics to the group - one on creating your own costume was one that I did.

Brandale - can you share with the others what has made the Zone 1 (is this the correct zone?) Club a success over the years? I think Zone 1 and Zone 9 (Bethany area) are the only ones that still exist and possibly thrive.

What activities do you do/have? What's the membership numbers like? How has the club changed over the years to respond to the changing times? Etc.

Home of:
Shades of Spring+ ~ 1996 US National Champion HA Jumper
Bask N Coins+ ~ 2005 AHA National Champion HA CTR (+ Overall winner), 2004 AHA T10 HA CTR, 2006 4th ApHC National Championship Endurance
Burning Sensation+ ~ 1996 US National T10 HA Working Hunter Open

MG Inkhredible Fire ~ 2005 AHA T10 CTR (6th Purebred & 10th Overall) - RIP (1995-2007)
Estabahn ~ 2006 R14 CH CTR - RIP (1997-2007)

Kintyre Arabians + and Dalriada Stables
Versatile, athletic, sport-type Arabians and Partbred Arabians
Hackney Horses and American Sport Ponies

Webshot Albums

#6 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

There was a variety of people who came to the meeting. About a dozen in total. The next meeting is February 22, 2009 at Dunkeld, where we are going to chose an executive and figure out what the club is going to do this year. The festival is a possible idea for a future year. This year is going to be more fun/educational events.

Richelle

#7 Maysouna

Maysouna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:09 AM

Just a gentle reminder that the meeting is coming up tomorrow (Sunday). The meeting is to be held at the Dunkeld Tavern. You can come at 1 PM for brunch and the meeting will start after that. If you need directions or further information, please email me at patgras@arabiansatrockridge.com and I'll do my best to help.

Please tell anyone you know with Arabians of this meeting. Any and all support would be appreciated.
Rockridge Arabians
www.arabiansatrockridge.com
"Find what you like and do it a lot."
Change your life, start here The Science of Getting Rich.

#8 Maysouna

Maysouna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

Due to stormy weather last Sunday the meeting was postponed. The new date is Sunday, March 1, 2009. Sorry for the late post, it slipped my mind all week. Brunch starts at 1 pm at Dunkeld Tavern and the meeting is likely to begin around 2 pm.

Everyone is welcome!
Rockridge Arabians

#9 Maysouna

Maysouna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

We have a meeting scheduled for April 5th at 1 pm at the Dunkeld Tavern outside of Walkerton, ON. We invite everyone to join the club and contribute your ideas for activities to share in the club.

Also, we have a Yahoo group for keeping in touch with members. If you wish to join us there, visit http://sports.groups...p/GreyBruceAHA/ and sign up.
Rockridge Arabians

#10 rdbboo

rdbboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:35 AM

Hello All,
Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday May 13, 2009 7pm. Email me for more information.

Richelle

QUOTE (Maysouna @ Mar 25 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have a meeting scheduled for April 5th at 1 pm at the Dunkeld Tavern outside of Walkerton, ON. We invite everyone to join the club and contribute your ideas for activities to share in the club.

Also, we have a Yahoo group for keeping in touch with members. If you wish to join us there, visit http://sports.groups...p/GreyBruceAHA/ and sign up.