Photo

*Moment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#31 Nancy Pierce

Nancy Pierce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:52 AM

Thanks, Joanne. It really is neat to catch up with *Momentkha - so many stories I could tell and her and her siblings and her dam. smile.gif Really brings back many fond memories.

Tracy, I will be down there in either late March or April, I think. I would LOVE to photograph *Momentkha - and the rest! That would really be toooo cool! Yes, get some farms together, and we'll do that.

*Momentkha's filly is beautiful! She reminds me a lot of a straight Egyptian filly I just sold to Kuwait - it's uncanny. Same really dark color, beautiful head, lovely arched neck - Bijou looks to be a really, really nice filly - Beyond Bey did a great job with your Russian queen. smile.gif What are your plans for Bijou (would really love to photograph her too - she looks like a photographer's dream! lol)?

Nancy

Nancy Pierce

“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerso

Pierce Graphic Design
"Offering inexpensive, high quality photography and print design to clients all over the world."
Posted Image

#32 Janek

Janek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:10 AM

Beautiful horses. I would love to see new pictures of them as soon as they're ready.

"The horse, who is too precious and too beautiful to be ridden, is neither precious nor beautiful. It's simply called an impaired horse by merciful Allah."

old Bedouin proverb

#33 aurorawind

aurorawind

VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:53 AM

Nancy,
Please share those stories...this is why the heritage pages are here...for people who know these russian beauties and to share with everyone their knowledge, thoughts and experiences!! Beautiful mare Bey...and beautiful daughter...
Carry on...
Joanne
JOANNE OGDEN
AURORA WIND ARABIANS
NEW HOME OF THE RUSSIAN HERITAGE FOUNDATION

Posted Image

North American Agents for
Massai Ibn Marenga (Mirokan X Marenga by Menes)
Owned by Darius Arabians

PROUD TO STAND

PINNICOL (PRINCIP X NICKOLE LTD BY PONOMAREV)
AABSOLUT (PRINCIP X AMARILLA PR BY MARYK)
SELKET PATRIOTIK (PATTRONE X MAGKETA BY MAG)
PRISZM (PRUSSIA MG X PAVAN BY MUSCAT)
SUNDANTZ (MIZSAH X LITTLE GABRIELLE BY SIR FERZON)

Aurora Wind Arabians and the Russian Heritage Foundation

#34 BEYOND BEY

BEYOND BEY

www.webstersarabians.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:43 AM

I have an amusing story to share about Momentkha. One day I had visitors to the farm and they expressed an interest in taking a look at Momentkha. We walked over to her pasture and then the husband wanted to go into the pasture and stroke her. Well Momentkha took excpetion to this - I had never seen her angry before - she's always very pleasant with me and my husband. She pinned her ears and turned her butt on the guy and ran backwards kicking!!! I was absolutely astounded!!! I have never seen anyone run out of a pasture as quickly in my life. I have no idea why she behaved like this - she obviously took an instant dislike to the man - who I have to say was a super nice guy. I often think about it and have a chortle to myself........ I don't think he was overly impressed!!! It is clear she has her likes and dislikes. I LOVE the older mares they are such characters!!!

Tracy Webster
www.webstersarabians.com

#35 BEYOND BEY

BEYOND BEY

www.webstersarabians.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:53 AM

*Momentkha's filly is beautiful! She reminds me a lot of a straight Egyptian filly I just sold to Kuwait - it's uncanny. Same really dark color, beautiful head, lovely arched neck - Bijou looks to be a really, really nice filly - Beyond Bey did a great job with your Russian queen. What are your plans for Bijou (would really love to photograph her too - she looks like a photographer's dream! lol)?

Thank you so much for the lovely comments about Bijou - I think she is outstanding. Then again I'm biased!!! I am hoping that no one wants to tempt me with enough money to sell her and that I can end up replacing Momentkha as my main girl with Bijou. Bijou is VERY similar to her dam but she probably has a better head. Very similar neck and body. She gets more beautiful every day and is a joy to be around. I am so praying that Momentkha gives me another filly - I know that is sheer greed but I can hope. Maybe a BLACK filly LOL!!! Then when she's old enough I want to breed her to the best I can afford. I want to put Beyond Bey on the map as the producer of phenomenal mares. His first two girls will be bred this year. Mistral Belle and BB Izabella.

I would love for you to take pics of Bijou also. We will stay in touch and you can let me know when you will be in Florida.

Tracy Webster
www.webstersarabians.com

#36 aurorawind

aurorawind

VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

Gotta love those opinionated older gals...funny tho I have a chestnut Moment daughter that is very particular about who she likes and does not like...men are definitly on the NOT list...always blamed it on the fact she was a redhead...LOL...perhaps a Moment thing?!? I have heard from others that Moment's preference in human company was usually female!!

JOANNE OGDEN
AURORA WIND ARABIANS

Posted Image

Owned by Darius Arabians

PROUD TO STAND

#37 BEYOND BEY

BEYOND BEY

www.webstersarabians.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (aurorawind @ Nov 30 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta love those opinionated older gals...funny tho I have a chestnut Moment daughter that is very particular about who she likes and does not like...men are definitly on the NOT list...always blamed it on the fact she was a redhead...LOL...perhaps a Moment thing?!? I have heard from others that Moment's preference in human company was usually female!!

Well that helps explain some of it!!! I can't tell you how embarrassed I was at the time - if he hadn't have moved she would've nailed him - I was absolutely amazed - but I start to smirk every time I think about it. She's a hoot!!! She does tolerate my husband though...... I may have seen a few crinkles forming on the side of her nose!!! LOL Here is another recent picture

Attached Images

• BEAUTIFUL_MOMENTKHA_08.jpg

Tracy Webster
www.webstersarabians.com

#38 aurorawind

aurorawind

VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:12 AM

Boy is she a vision of her papa!!...Lovely mare:)
JOANNE OGDEN
AURORA WIND ARABIANS

Posted Image

Owned by Darius Arabians

PROUD TO STAND

#39 skg1

skg1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

Joanne:

Do you know who you will breed Perketta to in the sping or is she already bred?
KG
Proud Owner Of:

JMK Blue Bayou (Fun Valley Gusto x *Amira Bidiya)

Region 15 Top 5 Ladies Side Saddle

Aabsolut Flame SF (Aabsolut x EE Karmel)

Natalya TO (Sir Fames x Sol Natique)

#40 Hamdani

Hamdani

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (BEYOND BEY @ Dec 1 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well that helps explain some of it!!! I can't tell you how embarrassed I was at the time - if he hadn't have moved she would've nailed him - I was absolutely amazed - but I start to smirk every time I think about it. She's a hoot!!! She does tolerate my husband though...... I may have seen a few crinkles forming on the side of her nose!!! LOL Here is another recent picture

I do so love this family (with all thier quirks!)

I have a Moment Grand daughter "Bint Sofia" By Najman (Moment x Narada)
Now 18 yrs. She has the sweetest of temperaments with me...but God Help the vet should he need to visit!
I'm sure he cringes when I call, just in case it's her he needs to see. lol
I can do anything I like with her ei: needles, wormers etc without a head collar on but she'll scream and strike at the vet if he even so much as touches her! lol

Here's a photo of Najman and one of the old girl being wormed ...not a great photo but I love it as you can really see the Moment influence. Hehehe just realised ...she has a head collar on!
Mark

NAJMAN.jpg

PICT0023.JPG

QUOTE (aurorawind @ Dec 1 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boy is she a vision of her papa!!...Lovely mare:)

I have to agree with you there Joanne.
Breathtaking! and her daughter is superb!
Hamdani Arabians
...Beautiful Athletes