Photo

What recreational things do we do?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#31 Siseley

Siseley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:45 AM

The Colors are of course best seen thru the ears
and over the mane of your favorite Arab mare!!

Just follow the yellow roads!

Attached Thumbnails

• Copy of poppys 2010 052.jpg
  • Copy of poppys 2010 048.jpg

#32 Sunkat

Sunkat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

Great recreational ideas with the skiing. I am not that brave. I'm even a little boring. Recreation with my horse is about all I do with them. It is my source of relaxing, de-stressing, or just plain ol' fun. I am not involved in show or competition. Used to ride in a drill team. That was fun, but everyone moved away. So, it's just me now. Kinda hard to make those fancy maneuvers with just one horse and rider. Ah well. My horse and I love to trail ride in the Big Horns near Buffalo, Wyoming. My favorite trails are up at Hunter's Corral off of Hwy 16, near Paradise Guest Ranch. If you're ever traveling through, I highly recommend it. We also enjoy riding the streets in Buffalo. During tourist season, almost everyone stops to chat us up and take photo opps. It's also fun to just "hang out" my horse in the pasture. If I'm really tired, I just lay out in the grass and Lady Ella stands over me, providing a little shade. Also, thanks for sharing the wagon train ride. I would love to join in one of those. That is one of my goals this year: to explore some trail riding in SD. Can't wait to see more recreational ideas.

#33 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

We go camping with our horses, usually in the mountains. A popular activity with our JRT!
Brant, Blackie and Jill trail ready.jpg

Mary

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#34 Holiday24

Holiday24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

Love the skiing pic! I've put sleds behind the horses and pull the kids around in the winter, kids love it, pretty sure the horses don't mind much either. Being in MI its hard to get out and ride as much as I'd like in the winter, wayyyyyyyyyy too cold!
I trail ride alot with my arabs, so our down time is playing in the pasture. I call it "tag", but its mostly me and my "girls" running around the pasture after each other. I chase them, then they run to the back of the pasture, turn around run back to me and we do it all over again. Its kinda our game. Im sure the neighbors think I'm crazy! LOL

#35 Janek

Janek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"The horse, who is too precious and too beautiful to be ridden, is neither precious nor beautiful. It's simply called an impaired horse by merciful Allah."

old Bedouin proverb

#36 Janek

Janek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

We really like trail rides. We don't have much time to talk, becouse of studies, work, trainings and so on, but while on trail rides we discuss a lot (especially horses and politics, girls sometimes)and sing songs loudly, so wild animals avoid us. Today it was freezing cold and snowing here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

"The horse, who is too precious and too beautiful to be ridden, is neither precious nor beautiful. It's simply called an impaired horse by merciful Allah."

old Bedouin proverb

#37 fireweedak

fireweedak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:46 AM

Your trails look so quiet. We have quite a few other trail users to share trails with: mountain bikers (lots of winter bikers!), x country skiers, hikers, and joggers.

#38 anheiraboutme

anheiraboutme

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

My mare had a rough show career as a park horse so since I got her I've been doing a lot of trail riding and fun stuff! :) I just started riding her bitless at the beginning of fall and she is so happy. I would love to get her back to the show ring, she was a star! Plus, she has these bizarre white markings that make her stand out in any crowd.

Posted Image

#39 AccentoArabians

AccentoArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

My mare had a rough show career as a park horse so since I got her I've been doing a lot of trail riding and fun stuff! :) I just started riding her bitless at the beginning of fall and she is so happy. I would love to get her back to the show ring, she was a star! Plus, she has these bizarre white markings that make her stand out in any crowd.

Posted Image

Wow! I had to take a second look at the pic of your mare! I have never seen markings quite like that. I think you have yourself a special girl!

Welcome to ABN!!
KL Lalita (*Kluszyn X Malitaa) --her 2012 filly by Mr Holly Fire (Afire Bey V X Zodiac Matador daughter)
Ames Dutchess (Philander Bey X Contessa Parada (Gai Parada))
RoyalesCarmenJazz (KC Rouge Royale X Beaux Suada)

Petita (Heritage Bey King X Zsa Zsa Ghazi (*El Ghazi))

#40 Shah

Shah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep it simple, Keep it natural, Keep it fun, Keep it Savvy!

Posted Image