Photo
- - - - -

*Witez II

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#11 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

Thanks so much Arlene !

There are two of us here who are lucky enough to own SC Buckaroo Bay daughters . He was a really nice horse and if I'd had any sense I'd have bred to him more than once . After my filly was born I was thinking about sending my mare back to him the next spring but he died that Fall ( frozen wasn't an option for my mare )

I saw SC Buckaroo Bay show at Nationals-he was a great reining horse and died way too young.

I saw something of Ronteza in him-the speed, the ability to get down for spins, etc.

Thanks for your kind words. It's nice to know how much these articles are appreciated. Can I see a photo of your Buckaroo Bay daughter please? PM me if you don't want to post it here...
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#12 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:39 AM

I didn't want to hi-jack your topic so I thought I'd try to make it relevant - Mary ( mhtokay ) owns another other Buck daughter and has a yearling grand-daughter , she could add another generation to this . I thought it was really interesting how much each generation looks like the one before . The little sock seems to travel right down as well .

Posted Image

Posted Image

SC Buckaroo Bay +/ ( Desperado V x Bay -Teza )

Posted Image

Buck was shown to this win by John Slack who was long listed to the USET . My friend's husband got this shot and it was used in Suzie Creek's advertising
Posted Image

My SC Buckaroo Bay +/ daughter ( photo taken by Meralee )

Posted Image

GREAT SET OF PHOTOS. Thanks so much for posting. This sequence illustrates something I try to educate people about all the time-that color and markings being similar means other traits will be as well. In addition, people should try to have as many photos of their horses' ancestors as they can, to understand where conformational strengths and weaknesses come from. :bigemo_harabe_net-122: :) :bigemo_harabe_net-122:
</p>

#13 Mystic Rose

Mystic Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

Just wanted to add my thanks as well Arlene =) I love reading/learning about the historical horses of our breed!

Jennifer Whittaker
http://www.MysticRoseArabians.com or find us on FB under Mystic Rose Arabians
Home of: Summer Saga+ (Massar El Sabbah x Summer Savannah) - proven high mileage endurance stallion and SHIH Champion.
SHN Payback Nominated, SCID and CA negative.  Sire of Regional Champions in Endurance/SHIH/SHUS and winning open dressage horses!

#14 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

Just wanted to add my thanks as well Arlene =) I love reading/learning about the historical horses of our breed!

Wow, so much appreciation...I am going to get a swelled head LOL.

Keep watching my section for new articles..I have several ideas in the pipeline and will do them as I find time. This is the only site on the net besides my own where my articles appear.

Arlene
</p>

#15 ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:46 PM

I was under the impression that there was a book written about *Witez II by the name of And Miles To Go. Am I wrong?

Molli
SHF Martini - 2008 Region 13 Champion Mare AOTH

#16 Graustarkian

Graustarkian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Arlene Magid @ Mar 1 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually Janek there is more about *Witez II in the book Arabian Legends, which I researched and edited...officially it's credited to Marian Carpenter. It's published by Western Horseman-see their website for ordering if you like.

I know a lot of the best old books are out of print, but I am reluctant to invest in self publishing a book on my own...

I don't blame you for your reluctance - but I, for one, would enjoy a good Arabian history book! smile.gif
Kelly Brown

...flying, singing, writing, wierdo

#17 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

Many people in recent years have said they would buy a book if I chose to do one, the problem is finding the time to do it and being sure that it would be worth the time spent!
</p>

#18 tanzyrarabians

tanzyrarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

I was under the impression that there was a book written about *Witez II by the name of <i>And Miles To Go</i>. Am I wrong?

Nope! You are not wrong, he did get his own book. One of my all time fav books, read it many times. I loaned my copy out and lost it a long time ago, and now have a rough copy I borrowed from the library and Xeroxed (I know I know, copyright violation)(but it's not for sale).

Tamra
www.tanzyrarabians.com
Home of: TanZyr Midnight Angel ~ Midnights Echo ~ Black Reign ~ RC Desert Moniet ~ Exotica TZ ~ Le Diva ~ TanZyr Legend ~ TanZyr Equinox ~ TanZyr Epic S ~ Obsidian Dream S

#19 Shahker's Ma

Shahker's Ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:08 PM

I couldn't let the topic of Witez II pass by without mentioning the first(and best) horse I ever owned. I'm giving Witez II the credit for Masruf. He was a grandson of Witez II through his dam and Alla Amarward through his sire. He looked like Witez II in type, conformation and color. He had wonderful strong, correct legs. We bought him for $850.00 in 1975 through the local gazette, he was a 6 year old gelding. He was very athletic, however he did not have a "show off" trot. We taught him to jump which backfired, of course. When he got bored with his paddock he would jump the 4ft pasture fence and visit with the mares. He was the smartest horse I ever had too...like a man in a horse suit. He was also patient and kind and willing.

My boyfriend and partner at the time was a trained horseman from Europe. He had no particular interest in Arabians but Mas completely won him over and eventually he set up a successful Arabian breeding and training farm in Sweden...yes, he says he owes it all to Mas. Judy

Shahker Ma *332738 Chestnut Gelding                                  

Bey Shah X PS Seratel(TW Forteyna)                                         

#20 LaurieB

LaurieB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Many people in recent years have said they would buy a book if I chose to do one, the problem is finding the time to do it and being sure that it would be worth the time spent!

Your Witez II article is just beautiful. I still remember the two write ups you did for me way back when... one for Hal Baku and one for Rochambeau++(Bosbst family owned him at the time)My gosh, those were in the mid eighties? Please know that these are kept close with me and to my heart.
You really should publish a book, my dear. Your work is very important and,goodness, what a legacy.
Seriously, you have such talent and can bring the history and bloodlines from the past to life like no one else. I feel that you are so dedicated to the Arabian horse and unbiased as far as trends.
I think your writings and the information you draw from is critical for our breed and to breeders who are dedicated to learning as much as they can (and should) while making decisions about raising Arabians.
Most sincerely,
Laurie