Photo

Weaver Arabians ~ weaving noble traditions ~ past , present & future!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#11 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Well, here is the first photo/graphic from last Saturday's photo shoot with the photographer/painter Karen Brenner. She will be using the 150 images she took of Noble and the rest of our horses as inspiration for a painting. She has already painted two Beautiful Horses of 'series' (Ohio & Texas). Our Noble Afire MFA was her first stop on her list of horses from Michigan. Posted Image
We have turned the first image into a head image for our website with a black background, others to follow.

Posted Image

It's been a tough lesson in juggling priorities this week. Last Friday/Saturday we were caught up w/bathing & clipping 6 horses for Karen's arrival and the photo shoot. Earlier in the week, I had been negotiating the co-ownership or full-ownership w/breed back option of a truly exceptional mare that had been offered to me. Emails had been exchanged about purchase price/lease option details, transportation logistics and our upcoming photo-shoot. I thought I was 'safe' for a day or so to side burner the discussion until after the photo shoot.
Initially, the person who offered her to me had first called me to ask about the pedigree of a mare she had just obtained, as she did not have datasource and did not recognize the 2nd dam. When my cellphone rang, I had been relaxing on the front seat of my pickup truck between a softball double header. When she told me the name of the 2nd dam sire & 2nd dam I SAT RIGHT UP. It was a full sister to my stud's 3rd dam NDL Bokara!! This mare was a a 3/4 sister to Vegaz!!!
Apparently I was TOO over-zealous in my excitement over the mare's pedigree because word slipped out and she was GONE! All I can say at this point, is it's been a stunning lesson.

If only I could request a Mulligan and rewind the clock a week. Lesson learned - When an opportunity like this presents itself, GRAB IT! Concentrate on the prize and don't let your guard down for a second until that horse is signed, sealed and delivered to YOUR farm.

Ironically, I was so excited about her photos and her pedigree that I didn't share my excitement with the board when she was first offered to me, afraid I would jinx myself <SIGH>.

...kicking myself for letting such a HUGE opportunity slip away...

#12 ofirarab

ofirarab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:13 AM

I'm sorry that you missed out on the mare when you were SO close. I'm sure it's very disappointing. I can't offer you much except one piece of advice my husband always gives me when I miss out on something. He says, "It just means there is something better out there" so keep your eyes peeled for another great mare, I'm sure one will come along. If I was shopping for mares right now, I'd be having trouble deciding which one to buy, I've seen so many really well bred ones out there.

By the way, have you looked on www.Arabiansites.com ? They usually have one or two nice English-bred mares on there, although they tend to sell fast, and I believe the main farm that I see advertising them is in Michigan.

Lisa Morales

LHA Pandemonium (Barbary East x RF Secret Love) 2003 bay Arabian stallion
Proudly owned by Morales Arabians

Lisa Morales

#13 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:27 PM

This past weekend I enjoyed taking pictures of Flame (still looking and moving nicely at 23yrs) and her filly, now 3 months old.

I thought it was interesting how closely our filly's stride matched that of her mother in the last photo.

Noble has started professional training in long-lines and has bred another lovely flaxen chestnut, Forever Putina by Forever Czar (Tsaar x Jawja Peach) out of KHF Bint Komalou (SunnyAcres Apollo x Komalou). We are looking forward to the cross of Noble to the additional lines to Negatiw (thru Muslin/Salon &amp; Kaborr/Nabor) and Ansata Ibn Halima (via Ansata Abbas Pasha) as well as all the old blood close up found in Putina's lineage.

Noble has also been bred to an El Ghazi grand-daughter and we have rebred Flame Dancer to him as well.
Just recently I came across this picture of Noble's grand-dam, the El Ghazi daughter RY Fire Ghazi

I also got a chance to see what I was told is the last living son of Cognac. Still very nice looking at 24yrs old, I can post images if anyone would like to see them.

#14 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:07 AM

We received notification yesterday that the painting of Noble has been completed. I am very pleased with the results.
Many thanks to Karen Brenner for her talents in photography and art!
She is currently working on her "Beautiful Horses of Michigan" series, but has other states and subjects on her website.

#15 wyndski

wyndski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (GoBlueGirl @ Sep 14 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We received notification yesterday that the painting of Noble has been completed. Both Kristen and I are very pleased with the results smile.gif
Many thanks to Karen Brenner for her talents in photography and art!

She is currently working on her "Beautiful Horses of Michigan" series, but has other states and subjects on her website.

Wow, that is awesome! smile.gif
Martha S. ~Nickering Wynds~ http://www.nickeringwynds.com Klassic El Sareei (*Tuhotmos X Faskhers Aradan[*Fakher El Din]) 1986-2014 & TR Hannah (NV INFERNO X HK NARAH[*Muscat]) Haut Shaklat (*El Shaklan X I Desire[Dedication]) 1986-2013

#16 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:40 PM

Weaver Arabians is delighted to announce the recent acquisition of Merci Me (Barbary+++ x May Oui by Negatraz), likely to be bred to Noble Afire MFA the first year, but then to outside stallions that will hopefully produce additional future broodmare treasures for the program.
Merci Me
Posted Image

I have been in negotiations with several outside broodmare owners to lease their treasures for our stallion. I look forward to posting details about those exciting crosses once the terms have been agreed upon and the paperwork signed.

#17 ofirarab

ofirarab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:57 PM

Congratulations on your new mares, the mares in foal, and that gorgeous filly smile.gif

Lisa Morales

LHA Pandemonium (Barbary East x RF Secret Love) 2003 bay Arabian stallion
Proudly owned by Morales Arabians

Lisa Morales

#18 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

I hope to be arranging transport of Merci in time to enjoy her as the best Christmas present EVER. But in the meantime, day after day I am reminded of how fortunate I am. Like when I get home from a long day at work and see the name of my mare Flame Dancer on the back of the current issue (Nov 08) of Arabian Horse World:

Click here to view the full ad.
...And even though I now work at Shea Stables, I had nothing to do with this ad!!

#19 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:10 AM

The best things in life are worth the wait, but I can't help but be impatient as I wait for the December snow storms to clear long enough for the transport of Merci Me.

We are expecting a January foal by Noble Afire out of Intrepid Bey (a lovely liver chestnut with a powerful rear-wheel drive & Rodania dam line) which will combine his IXL, AFB & Barbary lines with her HBB, Ariston, Wizjon and old blood of the Four Winds & Cedardell breeding programs. Intrepid is the half-sister to Avenger F at Adandy Farm.

#20 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:01 PM

Looks like you've had a busy year. Congrats on the filly. I'm sure she'll grow to be as lovely as her dam. Your new mare is quite nice. Good luck with her.

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold