Photo

MSU Arabian Horse Sale

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 SPRTHRS

SPRTHRS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:58 AM

The MSU Arabian Horse Sale is coming up! Buy your future champion or family horse for an affordable price. If you can't them, buy one from them and then beat them! :)

Go www.msuarabians.com for sales horses and info. No - I don't get a commission.....
Jeanie
MSU Autocracy+++/ (Ohadi Ben Rabba x FV Majestical Gold)
2011 Region 13 Top 5 SHUS ATR w/ Jeanie
2011 Region 13 Top 5 SHUS Open w/ Kim Frederick
2010 Region 13 Top 5 SHIH Open w/ Dale
2009 SHN SHUS Open Finalist (11th) w/ Jeanie
2007 SHN Reserve Champion SHUS Jr. Horse

Magicaul Seekret GOA (Magic Aulrab x Seekret Silouette)
SHN Prospect

#2 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:24 AM

SPRTHRS, Have you been to any of their sales? What kind of prices do they bring? I had called up their last fall and they had 2-3 horses available u/s and they were priced at $10,000-$15,000 if I recall correctly or something like that. Waaaay more than Addis.....

#3 PaulaM

PaulaM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:41 AM

I have attended them but it has been several years now. Back then, they only had some youngsters started under saddle. Prices were well below $5000 on them but I fear their reputation has caught up with them now and I think those prices are much, much higher now. But that is a guess. I personally think, they have been one of Michigans best kept secrets for years but that has changed as the reputation gets spread. These horses are worked daily by kids in the program and it shows on them.

#4 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:35 AM

I just got on the site and didn't see anything about a sale so emailed P Hitzler to get the date, list of horses, etc.

#5 SPRTHRS

SPRTHRS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:06 PM

Buy MSU Sychedelic!!! That is FLOYD - he is out of MSU Shagadelic (she is by Ohadi Ben Rabba and an SHN Top 10 SHIH Mare) and by Hucks Legacy. Floyd is THE sweetest and most loving boy!!! I have had my eye on him ever since he was 2 hours old. He is a true 16'2 hands tall and will be an oustanding horse - VERY VERY cuddly and loving. I know that Floyd has been started under saddle and I have watched him grow up - he isn't flashy per se, but if I could afford a 2nd horse, I would buy him in a heartbeat...he is a diamond in the rough and my guess is that he will be a Champion...

I have never been to one of their sales - I bought Otto privately in the summer of 04 since my gelding had died at that time. I have been told that the prices are around $5,000 or lower. The best part about the MSU horses? They are used to clipping, wash racks, tractors, shoers and everything else. They are so used to being handled everyday that nothing bothers them. In my opinion, you are definately getting your money's worth when you buy an MSU horse - I will go there when Otto is ready for retirement - I won't go anywhere else for my next horse. MSU also cheers for you at the shows, and they love it if you barn with them - they are even good about it when you beat them! LOL! Paula is not a warm & fuzzy kind of person - she is a bit brusk - she is very opinionated like I am! LOL! She truly cares about the horses and wants to see them go to the right home, so don't be intimidated by her. If you want to get on her good side, tell her that you know Otto's mom! LOL!

If you go to the sale, would you please pick up an extra sale flyer for me please? Otto's photo is in it and I want to see how it came out. THANKS!!!!
Jeanie

SHN Prospect

#6 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

After looking at the list of horses he was one of the ones I'd considered. BUT they have NO pictures and no pedigrees (on the site) and I don't think any videos either. She didn't answer my question about that. Have you seen any of the other horses? I may pm or email you with others I'd consider looking at and see what you think.

#7 SPRTHRS

SPRTHRS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

I am a member of the Friends of the MSU Arab Horse Center group, so let me know what I can do. Call Paula if you need to - drop my name - it may help...They will have photos in the brochure and that went to the printers just last week - let me email Paula and see what I can do. I know that she can send pedigrees - I know Floyd's pedigree by heart. If you don't anywhere with that, PM me and I will give you my home email address. If this weather would clear up, I would head down there to MSU and get photos for you - MSU is only 1 1/2 hours from Midland.
Jeanie

SHN Prospect

#8 SelketLeo

SelketLeo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:40 PM

I am really interested in Sychedelic...Not that I need another 3 year old gelding to take to SHN :) But I sure do want one. I might go and try for him instead of breeding my mare.

#9 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:54 AM

Well it should be interesting to see how all of these auctions fare what with the drought, gas prices and the economy in general. Pegasus also told me last fall they are having an auction the first week of April. Don't see anything on their site either. But they had some awesome horses at the Addis auction.

#10 SelketLeo

SelketLeo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:03 PM

Yeah it will be. Thankfully, the barn is a whole 15 minutes from MSU, so we're going no matter the weather. This years horses are very different from what went through last year (older horses, mostly mares). Hopefully I'm going to go and look at Sychedelic (and others) at the begining of April. I want him :D