Photo

Anybody showing Dressage in Columbus in April?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Equi

Equi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:59 AM

Just wondering if anybody here has plans to go to the OHAHA show to compete in the Dressage or Sporthorse classes?

I've only been to one Arabian Dressage show, last year in Wilmington, and was surprised how small the classes were. Was it the location or is Dressage with Arabians still not that popular?

#2 SPRTHRS

SPRTHRS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

We showed in the SHIH & SHUS classes and they were very small! The largest class was the SHIH Geldings w/ 6 of us. There were only 4 in the SHUS ATR class - I don't remember how many were in the SHUS Open class. I saw a couple of rides for Dressage and I think that they were 1/2 Arabs. A lady named Jackie (Akin maybe?) was the dressage rider.

I was told that the Columbus facility will be a lot better as all of the arenas will be inside...Due to the rainstorm from the night before, there was no place to warm up for the SHUS & SHIH classes - we were warming up on the asphalt for the SHIH classes and then the judge allowed us a few spins around the arena before judging started. During my SHUS ATR class, riders were calling out to each other as to where the really bad slippery spots were.

Hubby & Otto will be showing in the SHIH classes and I will be showing in the SHUS & HP ATR classes.
Jeanie
MSU Autocracy+++/ (Ohadi Ben Rabba x FV Majestical Gold)
2011 Region 13 Top 5 SHUS ATR w/ Jeanie
2011 Region 13 Top 5 SHUS Open w/ Kim Frederick
2010 Region 13 Top 5 SHIH Open w/ Dale
2009 SHN SHUS Open Finalist (11th) w/ Jeanie
2007 SHN Reserve Champion SHUS Jr. Horse

Magicaul Seekret GOA (Magic Aulrab x Seekret Silouette)
SHN Prospect

#3 Equi

Equi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

Well...judging by the answers here, it dosen't look like the dressage classes will be very big ;)

I am planning on taking two Purebreeds to show in First and maybe Second Level. We might stay for the Sporthorse classes.
It is good to know, that the rides will be under a roof (in the covered paddock?). April in Ohio can be rather unpredictable...