Photo

Babson pictures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#11 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:22 PM

Afmaar 1946 grey gelding ( Fay-el-Dine x *Maaroufa ), he had 2 registered foals . Looks like he was a sport horse :bigemo_harabe_net-104:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

Here are 2 full sisters by Baarouf out of Mailatrah

Maila 1954 grey mare she had 11 registered foals

Posted Image

Mairalee 1959 grey mare she had 9 foals, pictured here as a yearling

Posted Image

#13 bayrab

bayrab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:08 AM

Will you guys look at these old photos? What has been done to the Arabian breed? These grand old guys and gals didn't have extreme dishes. They didn't have necks like the Loch Ness Monster. They aren't shown with the whites of their eyes displayed and nostrils flaring.

They have attractive, but fairly plain heads by today's standards. They have good bone, sturdy bodies and necks in proportion to the rest of them. They have strong loins and backs. They aren't waspy waisted. LOoks like they all worked for a living and enjoyed it!

They weren't "living works of art." They were horses, fabulous horses with heart and stamina and spirit.

I don't know about the rest of you and maybe my perception is skewed, but this is the standard by which I judge my own breeding program. Would they measure up to these grand old horses.

chris
It's all just atoms and space, Melissa Ethridge Miracle Max

Visit My Website Horses Mouth .. Your pets have something to say! Ask about my free messsage board, and ask how your reading can help homeless animals!

My friends:

Corary Szybki: 27, bay Arab stallion, former racer RIP May 1983/January 2010. I miss you so much my gallant friend.\ Fly with the eagles my handsome boy.

Star: 23, grade Arab gelding, bay, endurance/CTR
BRA Dafina Alimar: 10 Arab, bay mare, endurance/CTR

#14 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:41 AM

Funny I was thinking the same thing. I purchased my mare because she has great working horse conformation, she looks a lot like some of these great horses! I will say this though, her colt does have an extreme dish and so did her filly. So it's got to be in the bloodlines somewhere!

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#15 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:47 AM

Please look at the photos of Zeus MR, you will see that he is of old world type and standards.

He is everything his pedigree says he will be and so much more. He is 14.3 hands with cannons that are slightly over 8 1/2" on size 1 feet, wears a 36cm saddle and a yearling halter.
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:
ZEUS MR (JS Padronov x MSN Zamia by Ansata Shah Zam)
2012 SHN Top Ten Arabian Sport Horse In Hand Stallion ATH

#16 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:54 AM

Please look at the photos of Zeus MR, you will see that he is of old world type and standards.

He is everything his pedigree says he will be and so much more. He is 14.3 hands with cannons that are slightly over 8 1/2" on size 1 feet, wears a 36cm saddle and a yearling halter.

And he has a very nice dish to his face and big eye sockets. He also has a tiny head with cute little ears. I believe he wears a pony bridle!

I would love to see a photo of Maaroufa if there is one out there, also Ibn Rabdan and Mahroussa (her parents).

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#17 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:03 AM

And he has a very nice dish to his face and big eye sockets. He also has a tiny head with cute little ears. I believe he wears a pony bridle!

I would love to see a photo of Maaroufa if there is one out there, also Ibn Rabdan and Mahroussa (her parents).

Yes, Zeus has a custom made Kieffer bridle that is a little bigger than a pony bridle, but smaller than a cob bridle. He has huge jowls which make his head seem dishier and huge dark eyes and yes stallion ears, which I see missing on alot of today's stallions.

Ok if you go to allbreedpedigree.com and put Zeus MR in you will get his pedigree, then click on each horse with an * and you will get their pedigree with a photo button.

Attached Images

• maaroufa.gif

Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:

#18 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:31 AM

Great site! Mahroussa is goregeous!!!!!!! And so is Fadl. Is there any way of posting those pics here?

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#19 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:39 AM

Great site! Mahroussa is goregeous!!!!!!! And so is Fadl. Is there any way of posting those pics here?

I can't get them to post but I'm sure someone else could!

It's funny but don't the "Blondies" look just like Maaroufa?
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:

#20 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:24 AM

I can't get them to post but I'm sure someone else could!

It's funny but don't the "Blondies" look just like Maaroufa?

They do, but from that picture of her, the Blondies have a better croup and a better neck. Hard to tell what she really looked like from that photo.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image