Photo

Robby by Ben Rabba

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Layne

Layne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:34 AM

Has anyone ever bred to Robby by Ben Rabba? I'm contemplating buying a breeding to him.

If you have, could you post photos of your Robby son/daughter? I would LOVE to see anytihg anyone owns by him.

#2 innishfael

innishfael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:24 AM

layne...

you and i share a love! tis robby!!!! i have been trying for three years to get a foal by him, though no fault of his. robby is still very fertile and jewel cantrell of cantrell arabians has been wonderful to work with.

i lost my first mare in foal to him, she died tragically in late october and she was the mare as my signature - a 3/4 arabian palomino pinto. the foal she carried was a loud pinto colored colt. so i tried again the next spring with a lovely crabbet bred purebred mare that i purchased specifically to use with robby. she concieved but with TWINS, so i had one pinched. on the second check up she was open, having lost the other one. this mare is older and we knew the twins could be a possibility due to her age.

so we will try again this spring for the third time. i am going to be trying a younger mare this time, also a purebred sabino pinto mare (which the crabbet mare is too) and see if i cannot finally get my robby foal here in the barn. i am crossing my fingers for a colt, i would love to have his blood in my herd.

i do have photos of the mare i am breeding to him on the sabino forum under 2008 breedings.

from everything i have heard from others who have get of his - they have the loveliest dispositions and eminently trainable minds. also tremendous western ability. have you seen robby's video? oh my the western classes they have taped are a joy to watch.

here is a photo of robby, used with permission of cantrell arabians.
Posted Image

what mare are you looking at to breed to him?

sheila - innishfael farm
Posted Image

#3 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

The other horse at Cantrell that you may want to look at is Ohadi Indian Fire. I saw him at Reno and he is a nice stretchy horse. He is a 3/4 brother to Robby, both out of Ohadi Abbie. He also has more type and pretty which Ben Rabba had but you don't see often in these lines.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#4 Layne

Layne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

Peter - Ohadi Indian Fire is prettier in your opinion? In the head, general type? Could you explain a bit more, please?

Sheila-

I am sorry for your bad luck - Geez, how breeding can be heartbreaking and not so cost-effective sometimes. I am hoping 2008 goes better for you.

No, I haven't gotten a video on him. I just want to breed to an Aurab-sireline stallion who has a lot of pretty - and Robby looks like one - so I have him on my shortlist of possible choices.The mare is a Padrons Mahogany daughter out of a CMK/Polish mare. She's cute, but needs some help with legs, substance, and she could use a bit of help with her shoulder angle and coupling. So many of the Aurab-sireline stallions are so strong in these departments, so it's a natural choice to go Aurab with her. She just needs a better body overall, but she has a ton of pretty, so I am hoping for the best of each world.

#5 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

Layne:

I think that Ohadi Indian Fire has a prettier head and he probably will sire pretty more consistently. I liked him when I saw him. If you are looking at the Aurab sire line with pretty in mind, you need to include Magic Aulrab who is arguably the prettiest horse of this sire line, out of the prettiest mare (Phyllis Dream won 9 out of 10 most classic head contests) and will be standing at stud in Cottonwood, CA starting in March. He will also sire superior movement and has the best loin and coupling you will find on any horse regardless of sire line. Sorry to take over this thread but you need to look around more.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#6 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:59 PM

I'd second Magic Aulrab, I've seen him several times at endurance rides and he is very pretty .

#7 sweetwaterarabians

sweetwaterarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:48 PM

I didn't even know about Robby until just recently when someone told me about him. WOW, what an incredible looking stallion! I haven't seen him in person but in his photos he's a knock out. Top notch stallion there. I wish I could breed a mare to him but no breeding for me for a long while. :lol:
Shannon Kimes

Home of:
Sterling SA (Al Marah Fight Fair x Elfin Reign SA) '08 gelding
Elfin Reign SA (AA Ibn Hawk x Forever Elkin) '02 mare
Elkeyna SA (AA Ibn Hawk x Forever Elkin) '05 mare
Forever Elkin (Forever Czar x Elkanin) '96 mare

<a href="http://sweetwaterwebdesign.com" target="_blank">Sweetwater Arabians & Web Design</a>
<b><i>'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' </b></i>

#8 Layne

Layne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:19 AM

Layne:

I think that Ohadi Indian Fire has a prettier head and he probably will sire pretty more consistently. I liked him when I saw him. If you are looking at the Aurab sire line with pretty in mind, you need to include Magic Aulrab who is arguably the prettiest horse of this sire line, out of the prettiest mare (Phyllis Dream won 9 out of 10 most classic head contests) and will be standing at stud in Cottonwood, CA starting in March. He will also sire superior movement and has the best loin and coupling you will find on any horse regardless of sire line. Sorry to take over this thread but you need to look around more.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

Hi Peter,

I haven't bought a breeding to anything - I was just contemplating breeding to Robby, so I am still looking around technically. I will keep what you say in mind.

#9 Layne

Layne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:26 AM

Shannon- That was me that you talked to you. =)

#10 kpauly

kpauly

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:27 PM

robbybabyjack1.jpg
I have a Robby baby!! I grew up with an Aurab son so I researched the Aurab line forever for a replacement to the gelding I grew up with. I fell in LOVE with Robby. He is such a sweet, beautiful stallion.