Photo

Babson Horses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
124 replies to this topic

#21 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:50 AM

FADL
Posted Image

#22 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:59 AM

you talking about 'Connie'?

No, C.H. the Lady Leonie (Gabbar by Fa el Dine x Candyhorse Mamzal out of Azal)The grey mare, during the 1981 IAHA Championship ride. (Lepreconn is the chestnut that I rode)
CHLL.jpg 3823.jpg

Thought I had the pics of Chris mounting her at a P&R and also trotting her out in hand, but guess they're not on this computer yet.
Sharon
Larapinta Sport Horses
Emphasis on Arab Eventers
http://www.larapintasporthorses.com

#23 bayrab

bayrab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:14 PM

Thanks for the photo of Fadl! You can see his genetics in the Zab line

chris
It's all just atoms and space, Melissa Ethridge Miracle Max

Visit My Website Horses Mouth .. Your pets have something to say! Ask about my free messsage board, and ask how your reading can help homeless animals!

My friends:

Corary Szybki: 27, bay Arab stallion, former racer RIP May 1983/January 2010. I miss you so much my gallant friend.\ Fly with the eagles my handsome boy.

Star: 23, grade Arab gelding, bay, endurance/CTR
BRA Dafina Alimar: 10 Arab, bay mare, endurance/CTR

#24 CarrieLewis

CarrieLewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:37 PM

From the AHA website:

Henry B. Babson of Chicago, Illinois, was not a young man when he set up his Arabian stud farm at Grand Detour, Illinois. Like Dickinson, he tested the Polish-Egyptian cross; his most famous stallion was the Egyptian *Fadl, who crossed on the Polish mare *Kaztelanka, produced Fadheilan, sire of Fadjur, for many years the leading living sire of champions. He differed from his contemporaries, who largely favored mating whatever horses seemed appropriate without regard to country of origin, and adhered to Egyptian bloodlines.

Best regards
Carrie Lewis
AFAHA/TFAHA

Posted Image*Fadl, Early American Foundation

Posted Image
Fasaab, Early American Foundation

Posted Image
Fay-El-Dine, Early American Foundation
Happy trails,
Carrie A. Woolverton
Triple Cross Ranches
Honey Creek Farms
Prairieville, Texas
http://www.honeycreekfarms.biz/

Pulque Preservation Program
Texas Foundation Arabian Horse Association
American Foundation Arabian Horse Association

When age prevents me from riding,
I will still keep horses as long as
I can shuffle along with a pail.
When I can no longer shuffle,
I will roll my wheelchair to the pasture
Fence to watch my horses graze.

#25 Billy W

Billy W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:16 AM

Both my boys have lines to the wonderful Babson horses......although heavy Ansata bred ....my gelding has lines via El Hadiyyah (dam line via EL Maar) and his tail female line is Maar Ree via the beautiful Maar Juahara. My 2 yr old colt is from the famed Ansata Nile Mist female line....Falima (Fa Habba)......my first Arabian a beautiful mare..her grandam was Fa Serra (Fa Serr x Maardina)....love the Babson's ......

Billy W

#26 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:39 AM

I always wondered what might have been had Mr. Babson kept a straight Polish line, a straight Egyptian line and a Polish/Egyptian line. Some of his best horses were from the cross. Tobruk was an excellent horse and sire. *Sulejman was thought by many to be one of the really good stallions to ever be imported to this country. He was also according to John Vogel, Homer Watson's favorite riding horse. It is a shame that Mrs. Ticken (sp??), Mr. Babson's daughter didn't have any children or grand children to continue the farm. I visited it in August of 1992 and it was an absolutely beautiful place on a great setting. The barns and out buildings were tongue and groove hickory. Built in the 1920's or 1930's they looked so well preserved. I wonder what happened to that place. I hope someone didn't tear it all down and develop it.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#27 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

Last I knew the farm is still there. A friend of mine did a internship at the farm. training as a future mamager before the farm closed.

#28 DesertSongArabs

DesertSongArabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:01 PM

I have a mare that is Babson bred on her dam line - her sire is Desperado V. Her dam is Aberjahna (Serr Bah X Sintefha). Really excited to have her - she's a lovely black bay, typey and elegant with a lovely neck on her, and I think she gets her size from her sire. Big girl.

Ann

Desert Song Arabians - Home of:
Desperansa - leased for 2012

BAD BeyOBask - my heart horse
Visit us at http://www.desertsongarabians.com

#29 Al-Shama

Al-Shama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:10 AM

I have a Princeton Faaris daughter and she is out of Bint Ibn Fadl the last in the WORLD! I am so happy to have her. She is bred to Sunnyru Maarine a Princton Faaris son for a Spring foal. Tara is 21 years old now. I will either breed her to an Arabi fadh Onyx son or my Sahanad grandson this spring/summer. Here is a couple pictures of her. One when she was around 17 and the other after she arrived at my place at 21.

Attached Thumbnails

• taralaying.jpg

Attached Images

• tara.jpeg

Al Shama Arabians

Home of Al Khamsa/Sahanad and American Foundation Arabian Horses.

Breeding Quality Arabians for Small Breeder Prices.

OPA Yowel (Black Lightning X HPF Basantaa) 2002 Black Al Khamsa, Sahanad Stallion
HPF Caraga Ole (El Ad Bataa X Bint Bint Sahanad) 1997 ChestnutAl Khamsa, Sahanad Mare
Kamala Saham (Matahla X ZA Shabaa) 1994 Black Al Khamsa, Sahanad Mare

Turfas Tara (Princeton Faaris X Bint Ibn Fadl) 1985 Chestnut Egyptian-Related, Al Khamsa Mare

SHR Shalisha (SHR Shalouki X SHR Kishla) 1989 Grey Egyptian-Related, American Foundation Mare

Saba Aurorah Borodina (Saba Kharazaal X PVF Phoenix) 2004 Bay American Foundation Mare

Al Shama Shazaalha (Saba Kharazaal X SHR Shalisha) 2007 Grey American Foundation Mare
Bint Turfas Tara (OPA Yowel X Turfas Tara) 2008 Bay Al Khamsa, Sahanad Filly
Sahanads Jazeerah (OPA Yowel X HPF Erly Treasure) 2009 Black Al Khamsa, Sahanad Filly

Young Stock available for Sale

http://www.alshamaarabians.com

#30 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:16 AM

Have always had me a major love affair w/the Babson horses. Worked at a farm that stood a young *Ibn Moniet son out of a Babson mare, truly nice colt all around.

Cyclone
Beannacht Arabian Ranch

Pure Polish working western and sport horse prospects

Home of Pure Polish stallion, Vezanka (*Veza X *Suzanka)

www.beannachtarabianranch.net

Bronntanas - Animal Communicator