Photo

Babson Horses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
124 replies to this topic

#11 bayrab

bayrab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

I've got a Babson bred horse, a grandson of the famous "Zab" who was called "My pegasus" by Walter Farley...

Here's Mizab Memorial. this horse's conformation isn't the greatest, but he's the little horse with the huge heart. It would take a Sheik's ransom to get him away from us.

He does parades

Posted Image

CTR

Posted Image

riding lessons
and horse shows
Posted Image

packs my grandson around

Posted Image

Is a great ambassador for Arabians

Posted Image

and loves his naps

Posted Image
It's all just atoms and space, Melissa Ethridge Miracle Max

Visit My Website Horses Mouth .. Your pets have something to say! Ask about my free messsage board, and ask how your reading can help homeless animals!

My friends:

Corary Szybki: 27, bay Arab stallion, former racer RIP May 1983/January 2010. I miss you so much my gallant friend.\ Fly with the eagles my handsome boy.

Star: 23, grade Arab gelding, bay, endurance/CTR
BRA Dafina Alimar: 10 Arab, bay mare, endurance/CTR

#12 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:04 PM

I've got a Babson bred horse, a grandson of the famous "Zab" who was called "My pegasus" by Walter Farley...
Here's Mizab Memorial. this horse's conformation isn't the greatest, but he's the little horse with the huge heart. It would take a Sheik's ransom to get him away from us.

He does parades

Posted Image

CTR

Posted Image

riding lessons
and horse shows
Posted Image

packs my grandson around

Posted Image

Is a great ambassador for Arabians

Posted Image

and loves his naps

Posted Image

He looks like a real sweetheart and very Babson! I do especially like the fact that as a grey horse he made sure to take his nap in the dirt and not the grass!
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:
ZEUS MR (JS Padronov x MSN Zamia by Ansata Shah Zam)
2012 SHN Top Ten Arabian Sport Horse In Hand Stallion ATH

#13 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:24 PM

This is a great thread! Knowing nothing about Arabian bloodlines, I purchased my first Arabians on the advice of a friend who told me to buy the mare. Come to find out her dam line is Babson. So this thread is very educational to me. Right now we are breeding her to Mystic Ranch's foundation stallion JS Padronov the sire of their up and coming stallion Zeus MR. So I guess that will make the foal around 50% Babson.

I have to say I chose this mare for her conformation and her substance. Her bloodlines were just a bonus! Thanks to Karen, I'm learning more and more about these fabulous horses!

Cheers,
Tamara

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#14 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:34 PM

This is a great thread! Knowing nothing about Arabian bloodlines, I purchased my first Arabians on the advice of a friend who told me to buy the mare. Come to find out her dam line is Babson. So this thread is very educational to me. Right now we are breeding her to Mystic Ranch's foundation stallion JS Padronov the sire of their up and coming stallion Zeus MR. So I guess that will make the foal around 50% Babson.

I have to say I chose this mare for her conformation and her substance. Her bloodlines were just a bonus! Thanks to Karen, I'm learning more and more about these fabulous horses!

Cheers,
Tamara

You forgot to mention that this foal will be triple Maaroufa and Fadl! Getting it's Babson blood from both grand dams.
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:

#15 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:23 PM

You forgot to mention that this foal will be triple Maaroufa and Fadl! Getting it's Babson blood from both grand dams.

Ok, on the datasource pedigree that Jean gave me, Star has 5 crosses to *Fadl and 1 cross to Maaroufa who I'm just now seeing is a full sister to *Fadl all thru her dam side. Sire side is Polish & Crabbet. Am I reading this right?

Karen if you have Datasource, look up Star's dam Dark Melody AHR*58456. She seems to have several crosses to *Fadl. She also has a cross to Disaan, which looks like another cross to *Fadl.

Cheers,
Tamara

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#16 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:23 AM

Ok, on the datasource pedigree that Jean gave me, Star has 5 crosses to *Fadl and 1 cross to Maaroufa who I'm just now seeing is a full sister to *Fadl all thru her dam side. Sire side is Polish & Crabbet. Am I reading this right?

Karen if you have Datasource, look up Star's dam Dark Melody AHR*58456. She seems to have several crosses to *Fadl. She also has a cross to Disaan, which looks like another cross to *Fadl.

Cheers,
Tamara

Yes Tammy the foal will have three crosses to Maaroufa (Padronov has two) and 7 crosses to her full brother Fadl.
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:

#17 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

Yes Tammy the foal will have three crosses to Maaroufa (Padronov has two) and 7 crosses to her full brother Fadl.

So this foal will be 50% Babson all in the dam lines. The sire lines will be Russian, Polish & Crabbet. I don't know how you guys keep all this straight. Too many different family trees!

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#18 bayrab

bayrab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:58 PM

Here's the original Zab!

Posted Image

and at age 29

Posted Image

These are from a book of writings compiled by Marshall Partlow, given to me by a guy named Brazeal, who for a while had the largest collection of Zab bred horses in the country, i think.
It's all just atoms and space, Melissa Ethridge Miracle Max

Visit My Website Horses Mouth .. Your pets have something to say! Ask about my free messsage board, and ask how your reading can help homeless animals!

My friends:

Corary Szybki: 27, bay Arab stallion, former racer RIP May 1983/January 2010. I miss you so much my gallant friend.\ Fly with the eagles my handsome boy.

Star: 23, grade Arab gelding, bay, endurance/CTR
BRA Dafina Alimar: 10 Arab, bay mare, endurance/CTR

#19 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

Here's the original Zab!

Posted Image

and at age 29

Posted Image

These are from a book of writings compiled by Marshall Partlow, given to me by a guy named Brazeal, who for a while had the largest collection of Zab bred horses in the country, i think.

Very Cool! I keep trying to post some photos of Fadl on here, but it keeps telling me that they are too large!
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:

#20 maz

maz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:14 AM

Thanks, I just edited the above, as I'd forgotten that the little CTR mare was also out of an Azal daughter, so she was actually 50% Babson. She and the Eventing gelding shared the same Babson lines (Fa-el-Dine and also his daughter Fa el Gazal... this mare carried the Babson Polish through her grand dame *Kostrzewa). They are both buried here.

you talking about 'Connie'?