Photo

Babson Horses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
124 replies to this topic

#1 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:49 AM

Just wondering who all is using the Babson bloodlines in their program. We actually purchased JS Padronov because of his Babson blood. He is out of Maarlee who is double Maaroufa and Fadl.

We have bred him to MSN Zamia who has Babson on both sides of her pedigree and have chosen their son, Zeus MR to be our junior stallion. Zeus is very Babson in type and action and looks alot like Fadl.
Zeus_stand.jpg
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:
ZEUS MR (JS Padronov x MSN Zamia by Ansata Shah Zam)
2012 SHN Top Ten Arabian Sport Horse In Hand Stallion ATH

#2 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:58 AM

Two of my mares grand sire came from the Babson farm.

#3 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:28 AM

Two of my mares grand sire came from the Babson farm.

Great! I find the Babson blood to be very consistent in producing pretty performance horses that can just about do anything you want them to do.

I have asked Comstock Lode to post some photos of Babson foundation horses.
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:

#4 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:27 PM

My daughter's SE stallion, Daalim El Nefous, is well over forty per cent Babson, and has a very Babson look. "Sammy" seems to really stamp his foals, and passes his extremely fluid motion and trainability as well. He has been used mainly for half-Arab sport type horses, producing very well from TB, Dutch WB, QH, Perch, and even, this year, a pony.

The mare on our site logo is one of his Anglo-Arab daughters that Chris Evented through USEA/USEF Prelim Level, and is now with the Herbst's in Missouri. The mare had never been in an AHA show but in less than 6 mos. the Herbst's 13-yr-old daughter rode her to 4 Regional Res. Ch. (HP, HUS, Working Hunter, Hunter Hack) a Regional Top 4 in Training Level Dressage, and Top 5 SHIH. A National TT Hunter Hack at Youth completed her Legion of Honor without even using her Eventing points.

Yep, we value the Babson blood. My first mare, that Chrissi rode to Nat TT CTR (when Chris was not quite 9) was sired by a Fa-el-Dine son out of an Azal daughter (which would make her fifty per cent Babson). Chrissi's outstanding Eventer MJM Nadezhda also went to Fa-el-Dine and Fa el Gazal. through his maternal grandsire Micalear. Her current, winning, young E-sired Eventer, on my avatar, also has Babson blood through his paternal grand dam, Ansata Mara, who goes to both Bint Fay Roufa and Sabrah.

Sharon
Sharon
Larapinta Sport Horses
Emphasis on Arab Eventers
http://www.larapintasporthorses.com

#5 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:33 PM

My daughter's SE stallion, Daalim El Nefous, is well over forty per cent Babson, and has a very Babson look. "Sammy" seems to really stamp his foals, and passes his extremely fluid motion and trainability as well. He has been used mainly for half-Arab sport type horses, producing very well from TB, Dutch WB, QH, Perch, and even, this year, a pony.

The mare on our site logo is one of his Anglo-Arab daughters that Chris Evented through USEA/USEF Prelim Level, and is now with the Herbst's in Missouri. The mare had never been in an AHA show but in less than 6 mos. the Herbst's 13-yr-old daughter rode her to 4 Regional Res. Ch. (HP, HUS, Working Hunter, Hunter Hack) a Regional Top 4 in Training Level Dressage, and Top 5 SHIH. A National TT at Youth completed her Legion of Honor without even using her Eventing points.

Yep, we value the Babson blood. My first mare, that Chrissi rode to Nat TT CTR (when Chris was not quite 9) was a Fa el Dine grand daughter. Chrissi's outstanding Eventer MJM Nadezhda also went to Fa el Dine. Her current, winning, young E-sired Eventer, on my avatar, also has Babson blood through his paternal grand dam, Ansata Mara, who goes to both Bint Fay Roufa and Sabrah.
Sharon

Wow Sharon that's just too cool! I find that everything I love in an Arabian is found in the Babson blood, type, trot and ability to do anything with a child on their back!

Keep up the great work!
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:

#6 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:42 PM

Thanks, I just edited the above, as I'd forgotten that the little CTR mare was also out of an Azal daughter, so she was actually 50% Babson. She and the Eventing gelding shared the same Babson lines (Fa-el-Dine and also his daughter Fa el Gazal... this mare carried the Babson Polish through her grand dame *Kostrzewa). They are both buried here.
Sharon
Larapinta Sport Horses
Emphasis on Arab Eventers
http://www.larapintasporthorses.com

#7 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:55 PM

Well my young stallion Zeus MR is double Maaroufa on his sire's side and his dam is by Ansata Shah Zam out of a Fadjur great grand daughter, so his Babson blood flows through 3 of the 4 grand parents and boy it shows.
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:

#8 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:24 PM

I can't say I use these lines on purpose . Four of my horses carry Babson blood from the mare Baarlissa . Her sire was this stallion
Baarlastra #9973( Baarouf x Mailace ) a 1955 grey stallion later a gelding , he sired only 3 registered foals .

Posted Image

Baarlissa is out of the mare Alcyone who is by the Babson stallion Disaan , making her 50% Babson . Baarlissa is the 3rd dam of my mare who is the dam of 3 of my horses . Of the 3 one is a mare and I will breed her at some point .

#9 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

I can't say I use these lines on purpose . Four of my horses carry Babson blood from the mare Baarlissa . Her sire was this stallion
Baarlastra #9973( Baarouf x Mailace ) a 1955 grey stallion later a gelding , he sired only 3 registered foals .

Posted Image

Baarlissa is out of the mare Alcyone who is by the Babson stallion Disaan , making her 50% Babson . Baarlissa is the 3rd dam of my mare who is the dam of 3 of my horses . Of the 3 one is a mare and I will breed her at some point .

Valerie

No wonder we like each others horses so much, they are related! Padronov's dam is by Baarouf making her a half sister to Baarlastra!
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:

#10 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:08 PM

Found this while looking for pictures, this ad is from 1958

Posted Image