9 replies to this topic

#1 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:37 PM

For many years now Arabian horse owners around the country have asked for an affordable Arabian show venue where the novice can test his or her skill and where the local Amateur owner can compete with other Arabian enthusiasts at an affordable level outside of the Class A and Regional competitions.

Now, as a result of the establishment of the Arabian Horse Association and a streamlined process for launching new programs, AHA has developed a new show venue: "Arabian Community Shows (ACS)".

The basic concepts include:

Affordability to encourage the fun of showing rather than qualifying.

General guidelines that allow for a more flexible rules requirement.

A primary focus on Arabians, Half-Arabians and Anglo-Arabians registered with the Arabian Horse Association Registry or the Canadian Arabian Horse Registry.

Year-end High-point program that creates recognition for top achievement by category and value for the horse.

A Milestone award program that recognizes personal achievements and tracking of an individual's progress.

Web-based show approval, results entry and tracking to keep costs down and data current.

#2 Vicki Gaudreau

Vicki Gaudreau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Rest in Peace Vicki, we will all miss you!
    3/18/59 to 12/23/09

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

Now, if only HA stallions could also be shown in halter classes.

*edited to add* After hitting the submit button, I realized that sounds like quite a whine. Really it's not. ACS shows are a wonderful step forward, esp as a way to show our lovely breed to the "mainstream". Being able to also show in halter (as in SHIH) would be icing on the cake.
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Enchanted Acres Arabians & Appaloosas
Home of Tu Rif Raff Splash * ApHC/AHA * Tangiers * SE,AK,Asil & BL eligible *RIP*
My Pride & Joy :) http://smg.photobuck...iGaudreau12345/
http://www.myspace.com/vickigaudreau ~ My Original Music!
http://www.facebook....dreau/512919254
http://www.appaloosa...
Posted Image

#3 Century Oak Arabians

Century Oak Arabians

Century Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts
  • Interests:My wish is that everyone involved in Arabians has at least one horse in their barn that simply takes their breath away. For me, that horse is one of my best friends - Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima). Breeding inquiries invited.

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

Is there a reason that a HA Stallion class couldn't be added to the ACS class lineup? When we made up our show list we had several classes that were not the norm for Arabians, but as long as they were Arabian or Half Arabian specific they helped fill that 60% criteria for the class ratio.

I just love these shows. Our state association had 2 of them this year and hoping we will have more next year as well. We had great attendance, alot of new faces that had Arabians but just weren't in the Class A circle and a whole lot of fun.

I feel these shows fill a huge niche that has needed some help for a long time, we had a ton of positive feedback and hopefully will encourage more people to come out and show their Arabians off. What was funny was that we had a huge amount of spectators as well.. not just exhibitors watching between classes but more spectators than I've seen at most open shows even and probably matched what we typically have for the Class A. THAT is the exciting part.. people were driving past, seeing "Arabian show"on the sign and pullin in for a closer look. What a better way to spotlight our breed :D
Guardian to:
Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima) and Impress Rissala (Imtaarif x Zandai Om Roda)

Mental Meanderings Of A Barn Goddess

#4 ofirarab

ofirarab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, dressage, fitness, homeschooling, being happy!

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:14 PM

How do I find out where the nearest one to me is located? I would love to attend and eventually show at one but I haven't seen any ads for any in my area (central Florida).

Lisa Morales

LHA Pandemonium (Barbary East x RF Secret Love) 2003 bay Arabian stallion
Proudly owned by Morales Arabians

Lisa Morales

#5 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts
  • Interests:Pure Polish working western, dressage, sport horse, endurance Arabians.

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

Is there a reason that a HA Stallion class couldn't be added to the ACS class lineup? When we made up our show list we had several classes that were not the norm for Arabians, but as long as they were Arabian or Half Arabian specific they helped fill that 60% criteria for the class ratio.

I just love these shows. Our state association had 2 of them this year and hoping we will have more next year as well. We had great attendance, alot of new faces that had Arabians but just weren't in the Class A circle and a whole lot of fun.

I feel these shows fill a huge niche that has needed some help for a long time, we had a ton of positive feedback and hopefully will encourage more people to come out and show their Arabians off. What was funny was that we had a huge amount of spectators as well.. not just exhibitors watching between classes but more spectators than I've seen at most open shows even and probably matched what we typically have for the Class A. THAT is the exciting part.. people were driving past, seeing "Arabian show"on the sign and pullin in for a closer look. What a better way to spotlight our breed :)

AMEN, AMEN, AAAAAMMMEEENNN, SISTAH, PREACH IT! No finer, more successful venue on the face of the earth, IMO! Beat them at their own game! QH show? HA, WATCH THIS! Hunter show? HA, WE CAN JUMP, TOO, EH, ROULETT? Dressage...got one word...RICKY! Yes, some are higher level/accreditation than "local shows", but MANY are not and WIIIIDE open to us invading them! I say, GO FOR IT, ONE AND ALL, WHEREVER YOU CAN! LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

Cyclone and I will be there, believe it! Team penning, team sorting, working cowhorse, any type of little open/local venues we can permeate! I hope fervently that we do the breed proud, as that is my most sincere goal! Did it before, sure do plan to do it again!

Cyclone
Beannacht Arabian Ranch

Pure Polish working western and sport horse prospects

Home of Pure Polish stallion, Vezanka (*Veza X *Suzanka)

www.beannachtarabianranch.net

Bronntanas - Animal Communicator

#6 DesertSongArabs

DesertSongArabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, reining, reading good books, and playing with my kids.

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

How do I find out where the nearest one to me is located? I would love to attend and eventually show at one but I haven't seen any ads for any in my area (central Florida).

Lisa -
They are listed on the AHA site - there is a calander of AHA Community shows in the Community show section. Keep your eyes peeled locally too - I didn't realize ours was a Community show until I did some digging.

Ann

Desert Song Arabians - Home of:
Desperansa - leased for 2012

BAD BeyOBask - my heart horse
Visit us at http://www.desertsongarabians.com

#7 Century Oak Arabians

Century Oak Arabians

Century Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts
  • Interests:My wish is that everyone involved in Arabians has at least one horse in their barn that simply takes their breath away. For me, that horse is one of my best friends - Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima). Breeding inquiries invited.

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

We need more people with that attitude :) These shows can be a great thing for the breed.. I know I was pleasantly surprised with the attendance at our last show and I fully look forward to putting together the shows for 2007 in Alabama! Our first show committee meeting is coming up soon and we're already planning for our spring ACS show :)

The funniest thing tho was the people coming and complaining to the announcer that "those arabs are entering the open classes and winning.. they need to stay in the arabian only classes and out of the open classes" hahahahahah!! The judge is an old Arabian trainer who also trains QH so he's pretty well versed in all breeds.. it was great.. I bout peed myself laughing at them :bigemo_harabe_net-110:
Guardian to:
Zandai Jasoor (Zandai Ibn Omar x Glorieta Saqlima) and Impress Rissala (Imtaarif x Zandai Om Roda)

#8 Nefis Sarri

Nefis Sarri

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Creative Writing; Poetry; Fantasy Books;Music of All Kinds and of course Horses

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:24 AM

this is what I would love to see more off ashows like in the old days where you didn't have to use so much goop on the horses face where all you needed was to bathe a horse and make sure he was looking good where breeders and owners could get to gether and not specialize in one class or the other between halter and performance where any one can afford to pay entry fees and can show their own horses and not need to spend astronomical amounts of money on trainers
where horses are stood up naturally and not in that exadurated halter stance and where we can all go and meet fellow arabian enthusiasts I'd be there... WHAT A DREAM
MarRoy International Arabians

Home of "Ivanna Do Things My Vay" LOL aka MarRoy Aja Sarri ( Pending)

Website is work in progress

HELLO
You have reached Computer Simpleton all our operators are out to lunch, so thank you for your patience and understanding ...If you are a glutton for punishment you can drop us a PM or a message.we will definately answer although you may regret that we ever did. ... Clueless in Port Hope, Ontario, Canada

#9 Century Oak Arabians

Century Oak Arabians

Century Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:21 AM

The halter classes at our ACS shows had horses both that were trained to stand up and some that weren't. Some were shown in show halters, some in plain stable halters...

I don't like to see the wet seal, patent leather nose look either.. but.. a horse show is a horse show. I wouldn't take my horse into the ring ungroomed and unclipped.. at least the long whiskers and any extra fuzzies no more than I would take my car to car show without cleaning it up. How much goop or shine you apply is up to the individual.. there is no rule that you HAVE to use that stuff. Heck we didn't at the last show but we did make sure the horses were "shown" and not just walked in ;) I also would never show in a stable halter.. that's just way against what I think of as a "show". There's no reason a horse can't be shown more naturally..that's entirely up to the person preparing and showing the horse.. but I think an ACS show would be a great place to start :D
Guardian to:

#10 Sabis Mom

Sabis Mom

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:All my horses, oil painting, my Arabian club and friends.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

Lisa our club is having an Arabian Community Show just outside of Jacksonville Florida in the beautiful Jacksonville Equestrian Center. I realize it's Northern Florida, but at least it's in Florida. We have such an array of classes and many for the Half-Arabians too including a Stallion Halter Class. We have Sport Horse in Hand and Sport Horse Riding classes too. This being our first ACS show we weren't quite sure what type of classes everyone would want but honestly feel (and have been told by some who have seen our show bill) that we offer something for everyone. We added a lot of Adult Walk and Adult Walk/Trot classes too. For more information about our show you can go to our club web site:

http://nfahcphotos.h...spring_2008.htm

If anyone would like any more information please let me know!!!! Kudos to those who are putting on these shows, it's time we do something to give all owners of our beautiful Arabian horses a chance to get out and 'show their stuff'!!!!

I've attached our show bill for anyone wanting to take a peek!!!!

Attached Files

Happy Trails
Posted Image