Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

AHA OF ARIZONA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#11 Hilary

Hilary

HILARY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:44 AM

Just curious Patience, but is the petition they were talking about the one that is againts AHAA because it supports inhumane treatment/training of halter horses? I have seen that petition on a certain member's profile on here.(if so, IMO I feel there are some things on that petition that I believe aren't completely accurate) I am still disappointed Ricky will not be at Scottsdale, this will be my first year going and I'd have loved to have seen him in the flesh!

Best,

Justin

Dear Ms Prine-Carr,

PLEASE re-read the petition. It DOES NOT mean you supported "boycotting" the town of Scottsdale or the Show in February AT ALL. They are idiots who have obviously NOT read it and between what I have read about Lori Conway being fired and your situation, I think it is time this was taken up with whomever made these immoral decisions.

By the way it is their loss not have you and Ricky there and I hope you never darken their rings again unless they completely change their mindset, apologize for the insult and error and ask your forgiveness at the stupidity and erroneous information they based their immoral decision on in the first place.

Other sites have posted this information for public dissemination as well.

http://thepetitionsi...rse-association

Others with questions should read it for themselves. The second amended Petition did not even mention Scottsdale.

This is outrageous and must be stopped for the good of the breed.

Hilary's Husband (while she is ill)for both of us!

#12 hotelyankeefoxtrot

hotelyankeefoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

As a former member of region 7, I really, REALLY dislike the idea that the rest of the Region had anything to do with AHAA's actions. Most of the folks I knew there were just regular old people like those on this board that go to a couple of Class A shows a year, maybe Regionals - like most other regions I would guess. Heck, I doubt most of them even know all the drama that AHAA has caused, or even that there was a halter resolution. I also think it's unfair to expect the trainers and exhibitors in region 7 to give up their bread and butter and put more stress on their horses to go to a more far away region, respectively, just because they don't like a decision they made. I think that is more than a little bit of a pipedream.

AHAA is not region 7, and they don't represent everyone or everyone's opinion. It's actually kind of close minded, to me, to act like AHAA is the only club in the region (even though its inflated membership due to the Signature Auction makes it the largest club in AHA). It's not.

#13 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:56 PM

I'm not throwing a fit, when the people involved won't even stand for them selves.If my spouse was fired I wouldn't ass kiss.

Posted Image

Copyright 2010

Heidi

TripleHfarm

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
IMANA 2006 bay mare
MALIK AL AASIF 2007 Grey Colt
AL RAZEEL 2010 Chestnut colt for sale
SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

We reserve the banners in signatures for ABN's paying banner sponsors. We'd love to have you join sponsoring ABN in the coming year.

#14 BIGGER

BIGGER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:17 PM

Dear Ms Prine-Carr,

PLEASE re-read the petition. It DOES NOT mean you supported "boycotting" the town of Scottsdale or the Show in February AT ALL. They are idiots who have obviously NOT read it and between what I have read about Lori Conway being fired and your situation, I think it is time this was taken up with whomever made these immoral decisions.

By the way it is their loss not have you and Ricky there and I hope you never darken their rings again unless they completely change their mindset, apologize for the insult and error and ask your forgiveness at the stupidity and erroneous information they based their immoral decision on in the first place.

Other sites have posted this information for public dissemination as well.

http://thepetitionsi...rse-association

Others with questions should read it for themselves. The second amended Petition did not even mention Scottsdale.

This is outrageous and must be stopped for the good of the breed.

Hilary's Husband (while she is ill)for both of us!

To tell you the truth I am really not that upset with AAHA but VERY UPSET that my name was on that Petition without my knowlegde!! And to be #4 on the list without a comment is not like me!! I recieved lots of Emails asking me to Boycott Scottsdale but I told many people that I NEVER would boycott Scottsdale becuase I love the show and look forward to going every year.I have been going to Scottsdale since 1971and have no intention of stopping!! It is a shame Ricky won't beable to do his freestyle but what I think is worse is 'someone' HAD to put my name on that petition!!
USDF GOLD MEDALIST
Glynnsong Farms home of
OKW Entrigue+++// SIX time National Champion-Grand Prix Arabian stallion Oldenburg Approved breeding stallion! National Champion Enlightened
Encandecsent First Purebred Arabian colt branded Oldenburg! 8.5 on Movement!
glynnsongfarms.com