Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

AHA OF ARIZONA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:44 AM

I decided to create a forum just for region 7, to include information on AHAA, Please find this area of ABN to discuss some of the issues going on in that Region of AHA.

#2 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:55 AM

Here is a response I got from AAHA on doing my Freestyle again this year.I honestly did NOT Knowingly sign anything to Boycott the Scottsdale show-I did sign something supporting the score card rule but I would NEVER BOYCOTT the Scottsdale show I have been going there since 1971!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Patience
Regarding doing the dressage demonstration at the 2008. We loved the demonstration that you and Ricky did at the 2007 show.

I did approach the AHAA Board of Directors regarding you doing the demonstration at the Scottsdale Show has not been approved for 2008. They thought that the 2007 demonstration was wonderful but they were not happy that your name was on the petition to boycott the 2008 Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show and for this reason have decided not to have you perform the demo at the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show.

Please contact me if you have any questions info@scottsdaleshow.com

Sincerely,

Taryl Pearson

SUCKS DOESN'T IT!!

Seeing Ricky is one of the main reasons, for me to consider going to the show...

#3 BIGGER

BIGGER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:39 AM

Seeing Ricky is one of the main reasons, for me to consider going to the show...

Thank You but now that he won't be doing his Freestyle there is no reason for him to go-they don't offer I-2 or Grand Prix
USDF GOLD MEDALIST
Glynnsong Farms home of
OKW Entrigue+++// SIX time National Champion-Grand Prix Arabian stallion Oldenburg Approved breeding stallion! National Champion Enlightened
Encandecsent First Purebred Arabian colt branded Oldenburg! 8.5 on Movement!
glynnsongfarms.com

#4 AllyssaJaneLLC

AllyssaJaneLLC

iArabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:46 AM

THAT IS A BUMMER! TEAM RICKY!!!!

Allyssa Baird
www.iArabians.com

#5 Phanilah

Phanilah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:21 AM

Patience, I'm so sorry that this has happened. But, I guess after what happened with Lori, I'm not surprised. It would appear that AHAA/Region 7 is going to continue to make the score card one of the most devisive issues the AHA membership has had....instead of just moving forward and getting on with things.

Not only is continued division the last thing we need, this also sets a very scary precedent for future controversial issues....if you speak up for/against the "wrong" side, you may end up being removed from judging assignments, participation at events, etc. How many people will end up sitting silent, for fear of this retribution? IMO, that's a dangerous road for AHA, as an organization, to start heading down.

Beth
si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes

#6 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:24 AM

In my mind anyone that attends the shows in region 7 and thinks the firing of lori and the exclusion of bigger is wrong is a hypocrite. Don't finacialy support petty child like actions. You don't get to crap on me and mine without some show of retribution

Posted Image

Copyright 2010

Heidi

TripleHfarm

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
IMANA 2006 bay mare
MALIK AL AASIF 2007 Grey Colt
AL RAZEEL 2010 Chestnut colt for sale
SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

We reserve the banners in signatures for ABN's paying banner sponsors. We'd love to have you join sponsoring ABN in the coming year.

#7 Phanilah

Phanilah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

In my mind anyone that attends the shows in region 7 and thinks the firing of lori and the exclusion of bigger is wrong is a hypocrite. Don't finacialy support petty child like actions. You don't get to crap on me and mine without some show of retribution

But then, where does it end? This isn't the answer, because it keeps the cycle going and just leads to another round of the same stuff. People boycott Region 7, then Region 7 retaliates....something happens in another region, and then the same stuff starts there....this isn't a solution to the bigger issue!

We, as an overall group, need to learn how to disagree without dividing. We need to figure out how to get past things that have happened and move forward. We need to figure out how to make behavior like this unacceptable, so it doesn't occur to begin with.

Now, only if I had a magic wand to make it all happen!

Beth
si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes

#8 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

Posted Image

Copyright 2010

Heidi

TripleHfarm

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
IMANA 2006 bay mare
MALIK AL AASIF 2007 Grey Colt
AL RAZEEL 2010 Chestnut colt for sale
SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

We reserve the banners in signatures for ABN's paying banner sponsors. We'd love to have you join sponsoring ABN in the coming year.

#9 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

Thank You but now that he won't be doing his Freestyle there is no reason for him to go-they don't offer I-2 or Grand Prix

Patience, that just SUCKS OUT LOUD!!!!! :5298_orcspash:

I too have loved Scottsdale as a competitor and a spectator, but after this I may not be making the trip down this year.
I know you will remember the year it rained and they wanted to cancel the Dressage all together, since then I have been under the impression that the Scottsdale Show is not a willing supporter of the Sport Horse Division. This just proves it. A very sad occurrence, the world's largest Arabian Show and they scale down the fastest growing division within the breed and miss a chance to see one of our Arabians performing at the highest level of Dressage. :36_11_22:
I already knew I wouldn't be showing this year as the expense & lack of classes made it not worth it. Now its not worth spending the time to spectate. Way to go Scottsdale, chasing off exhibitors & spectators left & right.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#10 NVArabKid

NVArabKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:04 PM

Just curious Patience, but is the petition they were talking about the one that is againts AHAA because it supports inhumane treatment/training of halter horses? I have seen that petition on a certain member's profile on here.(if so, IMO I feel there are some things on that petition that I believe aren't completely accurate) I am still disappointed Ricky will not be at Scottsdale, this will be my first year going and I'd have loved to have seen him in the flesh!

Best,

Justin