Photo
- - - - -

Scottsdale is Coming!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#71 tifforama

tifforama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:11 AM

Hi all! I'm new to this board! Just stumbled upon it so here I am. I know SweetLatte.... pretty well (that might be an understatement :D ).

Anyway on to the topic of the thread. I'm showing at Scottsdale and I can't wait!

I'll be showing Mandalay Bay TBA in PB Sporthorse Under Saddle AATR reg and champ and the PB Hunt Pl AATR 18-39 reg and champ. Bert and I have our fair share of showing Sport Horse, but I've never been in the main ring at Scottsdale so I'm super excited!

Posted Image
Heres a picture of us schooling at home. (SweetLatte took this awesome pic)

Posted Image
This is from the last Class A show we did. Please concentrate on the horse and not the ugly face I'm making :)

Everyones horses on this thread are awesome! Good luck to everyone!

#72 AllyssaJaneLLC

AllyssaJaneLLC

iArabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

NIce horses! We are also excited about supporting Sirprmacy DP with Dimitri Delgado and TF Sir Prize with Kaitlyn Ward! And a half sister to our favorite, Sweet Carolina....Kara Mia Bey in 2 year old Fillies with Earl Kelly annnnd I cannot forgot TCR LADY LIBERTY in H/A Stock/Hunter Mares!
Posted Image

Allyssa Baird
www.iArabians.com

#73 SweetLatte

SweetLatte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

Hi all! I'm new to this board! Just stumbled upon it so here I am. I know SweetLatte.... pretty well (that might be an understatement ^_^ ).

Anyway on to the topic of the thread. I'm showing at Scottsdale and I can't wait!

I'll be showing Mandalay Bay TBA in PB Sporthorse Under Saddle AATR reg and champ and the PB Hunt Pl AATR 18-39 reg and champ. Bert and I have our fair share of showing Sport Horse, but I've never been in the main ring at Scottsdale so I'm super excited!

Posted Image
Heres a picture of us schooling at home. (SweetLatte took this awesome pic)

Posted Image
This is from the last Class A show we did. Please concentrate on the horse and not the ugly face I'm making :lol:

Everyones horses on this thread are awesome! Good luck to everyone!

Scottsdale is coming up real fast and we're doing all we can to get ready! How's everyone faring?
Posted Image
heidi.pretzel@yahoo.com

#74 Adormey

Adormey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:18 PM

Scottsdale is coming up real fast and we're doing all we can to get ready! How's everyone faring?

I too will be going as a spectator and I CANNOT WAIT!! Is there going to be an unofficial ABN meeting place? I would love to meet some of you :-)

Theresa

#75 brandyjohnson

brandyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

ok I am getting EXCITED!!! Less than a month away :( Horray! hope the weather holds up. I have some exciting news... everyone needs to stop by the Schnieders tent and check out the new surprise line of Foxridge halters (www.foxridgehalters.com) they are cool halters you are seeing in the magazines. Their new design is being debuted at Scottsdale and they have chosen ME to have the first look and photograph horses wearing it. The news for me..wait for it... :) They are blowing up my photographs with halters and displaying them on location! Super exposure for me and the horses wearing the design. The mother and daughter team that runs the company are super nice too. I won't be able to see them until the end of the show since I will only be there the last 4 days so someone needs to snap a photo of the setup and send it to me :)
Photography & Design by Brandy Johnson
www.brandyjohnsonphotos.com

#76 Crimson Farms

Crimson Farms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:43 PM

Hey folks, thought I should let you know :bigemo_harabe_net-07: ... I had said you could look for us at either the Simpkins Training stalls or the Kit Hall stalls ... :bigemo_harabe_net-127: Change of plans; we will only be at the Simpkins Training stalls. Our stalls are located near the covered arena behind the Wendell (a lot of the reigning stuff goes on in it). If you don't find us at the stalls and their happens to be a Halter class going on, we are probably ringside :) Hope to see a bunch of you there ;)

Crimson Farms LLC
Home and Breeder of Numerous
National, Regional, & Scottsdale Champions & Res. Champions
Crimson Farms

#77 SweetLatte

SweetLatte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

Our barn is heading up to Scottsdale on Sunday to work on setting up! The pressure builds...
Posted Image
heidi.pretzel@yahoo.com

#78 FionaP

FionaP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:57 AM

Our barn is heading up to Scottsdale on Sunday to work on setting up! The pressure builds...

Where is your barn going to be???
www.fionapurdyart.com
Painting the Dynamic, Modern Horse
I've never met an Arabian Horse I didn't want to paint

Posted Image

Please visit My iCommerce at ABN

#79 FionaP

FionaP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:15 PM

I'm going to be working at the Artiques Ltd Booth from Friday 15 - Tuesday 19 (it's the first booth on the left as you come in the main entrance. I will also have some of my prints available for sale in the booth too. I am going to show early on those days so I at least get to see some of the action on those days (I'll be in the booth from the time the show opens in the am until 7pm) :) . I have to work my "day" job Wed,Thurs,Fri - but the last Sat & Sunday I'll be free to enjoy the show all day!! Please stop by the booth and say hi, I'd love to meet as many ABNers as I can!!!! If you also need advice for places to eat - I can help you with that too.

if you haven't been to the Arizona before here's a few of tips:

1. Most important! Wear sunscreen every day and keep re-applying it. Make sure your lip balm has sunscreen in it too. The sun is really hot and burning here in the desert! Wear a hat if you can. Sunglasses too.

2. Second most important! Drink lots & lots & lots. Keep yourself hydrated. It is really dry here - humidity runs at about 10-12% on sunny days. If you start to feel thirsty it's too late. I always know when i'm dehydrated when my lips get chapped. Syptoms of dehydration, fatigue, dry skin and lips, dry mouth and not going to the bathroom as often as you normally do, and quick to anger or get irritated. Drink even if you don't think you need it. Water is best - but any fluid will do.

3. Dress in layers. It can be downright chilly in the early morning hours and evenings once the sun goes down. but during the day the temps climb quickly to shorts, tank tops and sandle weather. And we do get rain too. So I guess I'm saying - be prepared for mostly every kind of weather (except snow).

I hope everyone has a great time at Scottsdale and good luck to everyone who is competing. Hope to see you all sometime during the show!!!

Fiona
www.fionapurdyart.com
Painting the Dynamic, Modern Horse
I've never met an Arabian Horse I didn't want to paint

Posted Image

Please visit My iCommerce at ABN