Photo
- - - - -

Scottsdale is Coming!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#21 SweetLatte

SweetLatte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

Scottsdale is definetelly a great show for spectators and shoppers alike since there are tons of vendors, good food and usually multiple rings running at one time. Who can beat literally thousands of beautiful Arabians and half-Arabians all jam-packed into one show ground? :(
Posted Image
heidi.pretzel@yahoo.com

#22 SelketLeo

SelketLeo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:31 PM

That's the problem! With the different rings and classes I want to see going on at the same time! ;)

Must...restrain...self...when...shopping

#23 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:34 AM

I noticed the Dressage schedule being light too and extra heavy on the expense! Its less expensive to show at CDS Championships than at Scottsdale, bummer. I fear this may chase SH people away from one of the greatest shows ever!

Well I may not bringing a horse, but I will be bringing a Visa, MC, & American Express!!! LOL
I love to shop in Scottsdale! Plus you get the whole Arabian experience, I just love it! Since I normally leave after SH is over, I'm going to be down there for the last 4 days instead. I really want to see all the hoopla everyone keeps telling me about!

You've been missing the whole thing ! the second weekend is the best part . I love the shopping there too.......but shopping anywhere is better than here :bigemo_harabe_net-122:

That is the smallest dressage schedule I can remember seeing . On the other hand it looks like loads of SHIH & SHUS classes .

#24 Crimson Farms

Crimson Farms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:06 AM

I've been waiting to reply so I would know who all we are taking, but I still don't have a final count ... Here are a few of them though.

Allectri Phi CF
(Allusion AOF+ x Jammin Like Crazy)
1/2 Arab Gelding (he will be three yrs. old)

Posted Image

Posted Image

AFire Alarm
1/2 Arab Gelding (also will be three yrs. old)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lady OnThe Prowl CF
(Allusion AOF+ x Lucky Prowler)
1/2 Arab Filly (another coming three yr. old)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aflair CF
(Allusion AOF+ x LM Padrons Affair)
1/2 Arab Hunter PLeasure Jr. Horse

Posted Image

Posted Image

Crimson Farms LLC
Home and Breeder of Numerous
National, Regional, & Scottsdale Champions & Res. Champions
Crimson Farms

#25 Crimson Farms

Crimson Farms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:43 AM

We are also planning on taking ...

Stormin Norman (pending)
EA Errogonce x Lucky Prowler)
for 1/2 Arab Yearling Geldings

Posted Image

Nadia
Purebred Mares (Open or AOTH, maybe both)

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are more, but I'm not sure who yet.

This should be a fun show
:(

Crimson Farms LLC
Home and Breeder of Numerous
National, Regional, & Scottsdale Champions & Res. Champions
Crimson Farms

#26 dakaligirl

dakaligirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:53 AM

I'm going as a spectator. Scottsdale show is my favorite, can't wait to see how everyone does, good luck!!
BillieJo

#27 SweetLatte

SweetLatte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:44 PM

I recently found out that I may be showing the half-Arabian gelding, Major Production Scottsdale and U.S. Nationals Top Ten in Hunter Pleasure Junior Horse.

Posted Image
Posted Image
heidi.pretzel@yahoo.com

#28 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

Hey while all of you guys are at the Scottsdale show, how about doing the Arabian breed a favour and go find the director of Region 7 and the show committee for the regionals and ask why the Region 7 Show has canceled the contract they had with Lori Conway to judge their Regional Championships.

It seems very strange that back in September when the Scottsdale resolution against the scorecard came out, the region where Scottsdale is situated hired the one person who has championed the scorecard from the beginning.

In other words they hired the one person who worked tirelessly to get their resolution defeated.

Then, shortly after their resolution is defeated the director of Region 7 Terry Andreasan sends Lori a letter voiding their contract with her. Seems like a little dirty pool is being played here.

Why would Region 7 hire her before convention? And then why did they fire her shortly after? Anyone who really knows her could have told them Lori would not play their games.

So while you are sipping on Margaritas at ringside, if you spot The Region 7 Director or Regional Show Committee member, please take the time to ask them why she was terminated.

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#29 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:27 PM

I received an e-mail telling me I should not have posted my previous statement on this thread, because this thread is a positive one.

I apologize for adding negativity to the thread, but I have to ask at what point do you exhibitors from Region 7 say enough is enough and start standing up to your leadership and question their actions?

They are representing you! Is this really the kind of representation you want?????

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#30 Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:25 PM

Ahhh, I didn't realize the dead line for entries was so soon...this month is flying by.

Reminder!

Entries must be postmarked by Saturday, December 15, 2007

Please make note that December 15, 2007 falls on a Saturday so please ensure that you have them postmarked prior to the 15th if your local post office is not open on Saturdays. If entries are dropped in a mailbox and not picked up until December 17th then they will have a December 17th postmark and will be assessed a post entry fee.

SS Basks Encore
DAHA and GGAHA Western Pleasure Champion/Nor-Cal Western Pleasure 1st Place
Owned, trained, shown and loved by Kaitlyn Ward

"dream as if you'll live forever. live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
In It To Win It!