• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:03 PM

Does anyone have any recommendations for home security cameras?  I've looked at all kinds but where I keep running into problems is, I want to put a camera inside my barn on the same system.  The electricity from the barn runs from the house, was trenched way before I bought this place and to trench back to the barn now would be really expensive, have to go under a couple of fences and tear up my arena.  My barn is probably about 120' by line of site with no trees or other things obstructing the line of site but it's a metal barn.

So, I've been looking at wireless security cameras that would let me put a camera in the barn.  There are wifi extenders that I believe could be used to help carry the signal into the barn, but so far I haven't been able to find anyone that can say any particular cameras would work with this method.  

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful!

• karens and corasmom like this
I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#2 corasmom

corasmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Interests:Faith,Family,the Farm and Freedom

Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:52 PM

Interested in the answer to this as well!
On a side note, you're still feeling good?

http://soj51.org
The time has come for 51!

#3 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:19 PM

Interested in the answer to this as well!
On a side note, you're still feeling good?

Thanks for asking.  Yes, I'm feeling fine.  I dodged a bullet this weekend.  I was supposed to go see the guy that was supposed to be installing my new windows this weekend.  He got a call Fri morning from someone that he had been spending a lot of time around, that they tested positive for COVID-19.  He said he had been feeling achy and the chills for a few days but dismissed it as anything serious.  He's more rural than I am.

• karens and corasmom like this

#4 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:42 PM

Thanks for asking.  Yes, I'm feeling fine.  I dodged a bullet this weekend.  I was supposed to go see the guy that was supposed to be installing my new windows this weekend.  He got a call Fri morning from someone that he had been spending a lot of time around, that they tested positive for COVID-19.  He said he had been feeling achy and the chills for a few days but dismissed it as anything serious.  He's more rural than I am.

WOW!  You know the masks do nothing and this is all a hoax, right?  The Bethel church here in Redding had a big over 5,000 people rally with no masks and no social distancing.  There was a statement by some that Jesus will protect them.  The event was sanctioned by the Mayor and some city council members.  Guess what their church affiliation is.  Now we wait and see how many are affected.  Sigh....  Take care.

Mike

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#5 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:03 PM

WOW!  You know the masks do nothing and this is all a hoax, right?  The Bethel church here in Redding had a big over 5,000 people rally with no masks and no social distancing.  There was a statement by some that Jesus will protect them.  The event was sanctioned by the Mayor and some city council members.  Guess what their church affiliation is.  Now we wait and see how many are affected.  Sigh....  Take care.

Mike

Yeah, I'm just sick of the whole thing.  People want to make this a political issue.  Sigh...

Be safe out there everyone!