• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:19 PM

I'm having the windows replaced in my house.  Fortunately, my house is on the smaller side so it won't be too bad of a project.

As part of this window project, I'm having a bay window installed that replace 3 windows that are currently side by side.  I know that I want those windows tinted but can't decide which kind of tinting.  My options are grey and bronze.  I am supposed to be getting some 6x6 glass samples this week so i can decide.  They told me that choosing grey, it will almost always look like its cloudy outside when looking out.  Choosing the bronze, it will have a rosey color looking outside.  I think it will still be difficult to tell from 6x6 samples, and don't know anyone with this tinting.  

Just taking a chance that maybe someone on here might have some opinions/ advice to share.

Sorry this isn't a horsey topic.  

• Fereyna1982 likes this
I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#2 dragon

dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:49 AM

bronze 

#3 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:16 AM

bronze 

Can you elaborate a bit more?  Have you had them installed before with bronze?  Why bronze over the grey?

#4 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:38 AM

A quick google search was not much help except for some comparison pictures. One interesting suggestion was to try on both types of sunglasses and see what you prefer.
Good luck and let us know what you chose and why.

ETA. Another thought is to take a picture out of the window, edit to just the view, make a duplicate, then color one of each color. Put one one your laptop for several hours and look at it occasionally. Then switch to the other seeing which you prefer.
Mike

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#5 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:55 AM

Yeah, google wasn't all that helpful in this instance.  

Your suggestion is good, however, I wouldn't be able to replicate the exact tinting used by the window manufacturer as there are so many different grades of the tinting- but I appreciate the thought.  

I think I'm leaning towards the bronze because I think it may offer more of a reflection from the outside and since the bay window would be something people walking up to the front door would pass by, it would offer more privacy in addition to deflecting heat.  

It's hard to know.  Just wish I knew someone who had this tinting on their windows.

#6 tuffyk

tuffyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:50 AM

Might also look at the outside color of your house.  If a cool color, consider the grey.  If a warm color, consider the bronze.

• corasmom likes this

#7 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:15 AM

Good point.  I will be getting new siding at some point.  Hoping that it will be this year.  It will be a faux brick or stone on the front and then earth tone steel siding on the other three sides.