Photo

Paint everywhere and I mean everywhere.....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:34 AM

So, I hired a 17 yr old teenager to paint my fence posts starting back in early April.  I have H braces at each corner and then wood posts about every 8 t-posts on 10 acres.  I'm normally able to keep up with keeping them painted but have gotten behind on maintenance projects like this.  

Anyhow, she's about 75% done.  She has another PT job and comes when she isn't working the other job and of course good weather days.  Yesterday, I was on a conference call with a client out of NY and she comes in the house and quietly says my name down the hall.  I didn't hear her at first with being on the call, but eventually got up to see what was up.  I couldn't really understand what happened except she said she spilled some paint.  So, I finished up my NY call and we went out to the garage where I had all the paint supplies.  There was paint on the garage floor, on the work bench, on the door and door frame going out to the back door, on the steps going out the door, on the patio bricks, and splatters on lots of other things in the path.  

So, I instantly got the hose and started trying to spray things down.  Fortunately, it is water based paint but it was still a HUGE mess to clean up.  She apologized and I know it wasn't intentional, but I'm still in shock how she managed to spill so much paint everywhere.  I guess she tripped, I still don't know the full story as I just went into clean up mode before things started drying.  She said something about being in a hurry as she is supposed to be at her other job right then.  So, I just told her to go and I would clean it up.  

I wish I would have taken pics before I started the clean up.  I think I got everything but it took a couple of hours.  Accidents happen, but wow.....  

I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#2 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:26 PM

Sounds like Trooper was involved. LOL. Kind of reminds me of me as a kid or was that last month? At least you seem to be understanding about it. Someday she’ll have kids and you will have your revenge. LOL

MIKE
  • karens likes this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#3 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, I think your right.  My mother always told me that she couldn't wait for me to have kids because I was such an intolerable kid.  Well, I never had any, so I guess the laughs on her.  

She finished today, it looks so much better but now it makes my fence repairs stand out more.  Several of my t-posts have become uneven over the years due to rain wash and such.  Need to restretch some of the 4 square fence and redo some of the electric.  It never ends...

• karens likes this
I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#4 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:26 PM

No, the chores never end. I could probably get them done quicker if I didn’t let Mattie and Trooper help. LOL. We never had any kids either by choice and as our 50th anniversary comes up in 2 weeks you can figure we won’t. I run mostly a hot wire fence but it sags with time as well so the chores go on and on.

Mike
  • dragon and karens like this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown