• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:10 AM

So, I've always been someone who believes it is important to do things that give back to our community.  I don't mean just helping serve food at the major holidays, but actively volunteering with area nonprofit organizations.  I was a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) for more than 15 years while I worked in corporate America.  CASA is a national nonprofit organization that works hand in hand with the court systems when children are taken into custody due to abuse, neglect or abandonment.  As a CASA, we work with those kids to help them navigate the system while they are in foster care, connect them with mentors, school resources, access to basic needs, etc...  

Anyhow, I am a small business owner.  I employ contractors on a per project/ client basis, so don't have any actual employees.  The work my business does is to help streamline operations, look for redundancy in how they operate whether it's looking at their technology, communication silos or their policies/ procedures that are not consistently applied across their business.

I've been seeing businesses who are using what resources they can and have available to give back.  For example, breweries who are now shifting to make hand sanitizers because they have access to the alcohol needed.  Some restaurants are giving out free sack lunches, and others are giving discounts for reduced childcare for essential workers.

Businesses who sell or try to promote products or services that do not directly help the situation right now will get hammered as being insensitive as businesses are simply trying to keep their employees, much their own businesses afloat right now.  I've seen that on LinkedIn when people do just that and the response is quick and not kind to them.  I haven't done this, and don't have plans to right now.

I am working on a couple of things that could be launched as new product offerings once this virus starts to get under control.  

But, here is my question for anyone with ideas.  Given the nature of my business needing to be face to face for much of it, I'm trying to come up with some ideas of ways my business can use our services to give back (free of charge).  My business website is:  http://www.amazingtraditions.com if anyone would like to look at what I offer that might help spark ideas.

I'm hoping that I can maintain some positive brand recognition so that once this gets under control, it might help provide some opportunities to work with businesses as everyone starts to recover.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.