greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:25 AM

POPULAR

I look out the window this morning before I go out to feed the herd. A quick head count comes up to seven but movement catches my eye and I see Jack and Jackie hopping through the pasture. For those who don’t know they are two of the fattest jackrabbits on the planet. They are used to us, the cats, the horses, and with alfalfa, and grain/senior feed horse dribbles it’s no wonder they look happy. As I start to pickup feed buckets, Quazi is standing outside the corrals, at the corner, parallel with the side fence. The rabbits are leisurely hopping down the front fence line and as they come to the corner they both stop. I’m just standing watching the interaction and am kicking myself for not grabbing a camera. The rabbit sits and rises up, his little nose going ninety miles an hour. Quazi, ears perked and nostrils flared, slowly lowers his head to check out the curious ball of fur. They came within 4 inches of touching noses with each other then the the rabbits continued on their way. Quazi turned watched them slowly hopping away then turned left wandering down to where he likes to be fed. Me? I’m still kicking myself for missing a picture of a once in a lifetime moment.

Mike
  • tuffyk, rethacharper, dragon and 2 others like this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown