• 3,238 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

#2 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:03 PM

Huh?  So, the guy doesn't need to dwindle his stock?  It's kind of you to help him, whatever the situation is.

I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#3 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:45 AM

Huh? So, the guy doesn't need to dwindle his stock? It's kind of you to help him, whatever the situation is.

No he does need to downsize a lot. I am just already getting flamed for "supporting an animal abuser". I just want to help the horses. If that means I have to put on a smile and be nice, so be it. I will be listing them soon. It just makes me sad how mean people can be.

#4 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:02 AM

I'm sorry about that.  This guy is lucky to have you helping him.  I think as people start getting older to the point that their mind still thinks that they can do the things they physically were able to do so much easier, it often takes them a long time to ask for help.  And, by the time their mind catches up, the problems become so much bigger and this isn't just about owning animals.  I'm helping an older gentleman that is still very physically active at the age of 79 1/2, still operates his bobcat, backhoe, gets up on ladders, etc...  but his wife passed earlier this year and he is unwilling to accept how much of a toll this has taken on him emotionally and physically.  Yesterday, he fell asleep coming home driving his dually truck and 18' trailer behind him, ended up in the ditch.  This isn't the first time he has fallen asleep, and so far he hasn't hurt anyone or himself, outside of his pride.  But, I finally put my foot down yesterday and told him if he doesn't start making some changes, he will force me to take steps he will not like.  The next time it could be a human life he takes- his or someone elses or both.  I don't meddle in other people's business but he hasn't had any family to help him get through managing a number of his affairs or his wife's when they were sick and so I have been helping them for several years just navigate the complexities of insurance, his wife's health needs and other things.  

I'm glad you are helping him- don't worry about the people making comments that don't know the full facts.

• karens likes this
I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#5 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

If you have been on Facebook, you have seen this post I am sure
https://m.facebook.c...100000511507396

One horse out of 63 that was sick. Now they are trying to take the others. I have personally seen every horse they own. None of the others are skinny at all. Older couple, lots of land. Sound familiar? I spent the day chatting with the wife and picking burrs from manes and tails. I so wish I could do more. They are terrified that their babies will end up in kill pens, so prices are higher than most people will spend with the issues they are facing. My heart goes out to them and the horses.