14 replies to this topic

#11 HighPockets

HighPockets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:17 PM

I am still here, checking in and reading everyone's posts. 

Too bad the chat room didn't work...maybe we could meet there again if so. Last time I tried, it did not work.

• tuffyk likes this
Posted Image

#12 Shahker's Ma

Shahker's Ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:38 PM

I joined in 2008 and there were many, many nice and helpful members and I got wonderful answers to my questions and suggestions for solving my horse problems.  I checked in almost every day.  I dropped out because of  a few members who consistently posted and were hostile, combative and just plain angry and I eventually became hesitant to post anything and tired of reading their unpleasant remarks.  I think the moderator of this site should have done something to stricken these members because they ultimately led to the near demise of ABN.

• tuffyk, dragon, greygelding and 1 other like this

Shahker Ma *332738 Chestnut Gelding                                  

Bey Shah X PS Seratel(TW Forteyna)                                         

#13 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, dogs, especially Border collies, herbal medicine.

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:27 AM

I joined in 2008 and there were many, many nice and helpful members and I got wonderful answers to my questions and suggestions for solving my horse problems.  I checked in almost every day.  I dropped out because of  a few members who consistently posted and were hostile, combative and just plain angry and I eventually became hesitant to post anything and tired of reading their unpleasant remarks.  I think the moderator of this site should have done something to stricken these members because they ultimately led to the near demise of ABN.

I had a similar trajectory. Joined during a big deal of rescues, trauma, hostilities. Amid that was still a functioning site that was fulfilling to my  needs for info and community. But like Shahker's Ma, the attitudes prevalent made me not post things often, to avoid the negatives. Would a skilled site moderator have made a difference? Don't know. Can we bring it back? LIke starting new posts on realt opics, wooing those who left, ???

• tuffyk and Shahker's Ma like this

#14 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:42 AM

I'm all in Karens!  

I have the same sentiment about the site.

• tuffyk likes this
I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#15 dragon

dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:19 PM

Just a bump to get people to post