greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:39 AM

POPULAR

I had my camera and next time Ill have my camcorder.

Let's see, First I grab this thing

IMG_0083 (2).JPG

A quick Flip of the lip

IMG_0075 (2).JPG

And Presto, I'm out.

IMG_0074 (2).JPG

Wait!  Something not right, it's chained.  Fiddlesticks!

IMG_0071 (2).JPG

Mike

• tuffyk, JRdesire, BFF and 2 others like this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#2 dragon

dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

Always have a chain as backup!

• karens likes this

#3 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • Interests:Elikzir++/(Ganges x Ularia)6X U.S. National Top Ten
    LA LegacyInBlack+++//10X U.S. National Top Ten
    The Terminatorr+ U.S. National Champion
    PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050
    Instagram too!https://instagram.com/bonnfyrefarms/

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:48 AM

You ruined his fun!    :D  :D  :D  :D

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#4 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, dogs, especially Border collies, herbal medicine.

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:52 AM

My mare Seneca is smart. Not a surprise, I'm sure. I learned from Mike and Pam how their horse from Varian farm wouldn't cross the sill of her stall to come out even if the door was open, until asked to come out. I was always impressed with this. So, back at the ranch, so to speak, I live on 3 small wet acres. At this point, I only have Seneca, who is happy with our little family of critters, lets the dog eat with her, etc. A very different horse from the boss mare story that got my leg broke. Well, I let her into my yard around the house most evenings, to pick some green. There is a space, (I'll try to get photos of this), where I was putting up a weak barrier, of a rope across about 10' opening into my back patio, where I don't want her to go. Her feed is on the patio, near my back door. Well, over time, I've started to leave the rope on the ground at said space, because it would either fall off one end, or she accidentally found herself on the "inside" when picking under the loose rope. Seneca totally understands that this is her limit, and when it's suppertime, she stands at the "barrier" on the ground, and does not come over! It's amazing! She waits, then I come and we both go into her pasture to feed. I now can leave her open to my yard all night, tho have only done so a couple of times lately. She goes in and out, back to barn as she chooses. All is well. Feels like she would be wonderful "in the tent". And my Border Collie Polly stays on the front porch most of the night, looking over all, including "her" horse! Will try for photos....

• greygelding likes this

#5 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, dogs, especially Border collies, herbal medicine.

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:43 PM

Let's see if I can do this!

new.jpg

Yay! It still took my neighbor who dropped by to teach me (again) how to re size the photo. You can see Seneca waiting calmly at her "barrier" as I prepare her food.

• greygelding likes this