greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:03 PM

POPULAR

With the three day weekend I let the crew enjoy being loose in the yard.  Trooper of course had a ball.  He stopped by the sliding door for a short nap.

IMG_0004 (2).JPG

Then he looks through the screen door for a treat.

IMG_0012 (3).JPG

Once the screen door was open he stretched his long neck inside.  "Hmm, carpet!".

IMG_0029 (2).JPG

Then he started up the stairs to come in and make himself at home.  That's when I closed the door.  The havoc he would have created indoors would be beyond belief.

IMG_0032 (2).JPG

I have a carport that I used to store hay in as well as a bunch of junk.  Sunday I found him inside searching for whatever is edible.,

IMG_0011 (3).JPG

Monday I was inside my 6x8 metal shed, turned to the right getting something out of my tool box when suddenly I'm not alone.  Trooper came in and inspected the shed.  Later as I was in the tack room, yep, you guessed it.  I had company again as he just waltzed inside and sniffed around.  Later as Pam was washing buckets and feeders she found a helper.

IMG_0026 (3).JPG

Later this afternoon I heard "Thump, Thump".  it couldn't be but it was.  he was climbing the front steps in an attempt to get onto the front porch where the carrot bag is sitting next to the front door.  It's back to the pasture for you boy and I'll make sure all gates are chained as he can open the unchained ones at will. I get bored with boring horses and no one in the crew are boring, especially Trooper.  He's a lot of fun and brightens my day.

Mike

• tuffyk, BFF, Shahker's Ma and 2 others like this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#2 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, dogs, especially Border collies, herbal medicine.

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:26 PM

He really wants to be "in your tent"!

• BFF likes this

#3 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:36 PM

He really wants to be "in your tent"!

Oh yea, more than you know. I enjoy having them involved in whatever I’m doing but Trooper has shown me the value of a horse free zone. I am going to fence off part of the yard so I can actually have lawn furniture and decorations and things that won’t be destroyed as he comes out and plays with everything. LOL

Mike
  • BFF and karens like this

~Author Unknown

#4 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts
  • Interests:Elikzir++/(Ganges x Ularia)6X U.S. National Top Ten
    LA LegacyInBlack+++//10X U.S. National Top Ten
    The Terminatorr+ U.S. National Champion
    PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050
    Instagram too!https://instagram.com/bonnfyrefarms/

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:15 AM

LOL hey he spent his formative first week in the house as a newborn.

Did you know I had him sleep in the bed with me his first night.  I used to have a photo of him on my bed with a stuffed animal next to him but lost it in the fire. 

He knows how to sit on the couch and he likes watching Television

I forward these stories to Troopers friends at the ranch. We LOVE reading about him and love seeing the photos.

Trooper.jpg

• tuffyk, Shahker's Ma, greygelding and 1 other like this

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#5 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:20 AM

Did you know I had him sleep in the bed with me his first night.  I used to have a photo of him on my bed with a stuffed animal next to him but lost it in the fire. 

I forward these stories to Troopers friends at the ranch. We LOVE reading about him and love seeing the photos.

attachicon.gifTrooper.jpg

I did know about his beginnings, the couch, and watching jeopardy, but I didn’t know about his first night. Wanting to come into the house wasn’t much of a surprise but climbing the steps was. I need to build sturdier steps. LOL I’ve found it takes between a year and two years before they really decide to let their full personality shine and truly feel at home. I’m glad he has a following and you share his adventures with them.

Mike

~Author Unknown

#6 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:51 AM

Just precious!!!

I don't know why but I'm not getting alerts anymore when anyone posts new topics.   :wacko:

I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#7 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, dogs, especially Border collies, herbal medicine.

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

attachicon.gifTrooper.jpg

Makes total sense that he'd feel at home in the house!