greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

POPULAR

Begonia was laid to rest Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning I let all of the carrot crew loose in the yard area. Sovayn walked quietly over to the spot where Begonia had her exam, sniffed the ground, and with his nose to the ground, he traced her steps to where she had laid down. He then walked a complete circle around the spot, smelling the ground, never stepping on the spot. Then all three greys, Sovayn, Aspen, and Trooper, approached the flat trailer we had used to transport Begonia to her resting place. They all smelled the place where she had been and Soyvan and Aspen licked the trailer. Apparently satisfied, they went to join the “browns” in the usual yard routine.
Sovayn continues his pursuit of Pam as his new “little girl” to love. Aspen is now the dominate ruler of the herd and is satisfied with her new position. Sovayn has been moved into Begonias corral and loves being on the front line instead of the small pasture area he had been in. Trooper continues to pursue both of us seemingly trying to help us cope. All is well and sooner or later I will get used to taking six carrots with me instead of seven.

3A23EB57-51B9-48F5-9D5A-AD9558C46087.jpeg

Mike
  • ladycascabel, tuffyk, kathy s. and 3 others like this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#2 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, dogs, especially Border collies, herbal medicine.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

Wasn't Begonia Pam's horse? Wonder if Sovayn understood that, and that contributes to his fascination with Pam. And now he's in Begonia's corral, how sweet!

#3 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:16 PM

Wasn't Begonia Pam's horse? Wonder if Sovayn understood that, and that contributes to his fascination with Pam. And now he's in Begonia's corral, how sweet!

Yes, that was her girl. You probably remember her from your visit. Sovayn hurt his leg a couple of times and he really likes Pam’s gentle healing manner, I do too for that matter. LOL. Every horse here is jealous of our relationship with another. Mattie is not pleased with my realationship with Aspen and with the arrival of Trooper he is not pleased with me at all. Sovayn was jealous of Begonia and now with her departure he quickly and happily stepped up. He has made the loss of the “Be” a lot easier on Pam.

Mike

~Author Unknown

#4 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

Mike,

I'm sorry I missed this.  What happened that it was Begonia's time?  I'm so sorry to see this.  It's never easy to lose one of the family, even when we know its for the best.  

I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#5 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:56 PM

Mike,

I'm sorry I missed this.  What happened that it was Begonia's time?  I'm so sorry to see this.  It's never easy to lose one of the family, even when we know its for the best.

Her loving heart failed on her and we said goodbye. Like Aspen and Mattie stepped up in my hour of need when Mayo departed, Sovayn has been a great comfort for Pam.

Mike

~Author Unknown

#6 ShadowfaxArabians

ShadowfaxArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
  • Interests:My Faith, My Family, My Horses, music (Country and Christian), reading, outdoor recreation.

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

I haven't been on ABN much lately so just now saw this. I'm so very sorry for Pam's loss of Begonia :( hugs and prayers. Glad that Sovayn is helping her heart heal.

God Bless,
Kay

Shadowfax Arabians
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God and who have been called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28