#1 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

In 2008 as I was laying in bed with a broken hip I made a fateful decision. I would find Pam a dependable horse to ride. Begonia V entered our lives. I was on crutches when she was delivered unable to ride so it was up to Pam to take the first ride instead of me. Begonia was truly a force to behold when loose in the arena and Pam was reluctant to climb aboard but she “cowgirled up” and rode anyway. Under saddle she was a nice horse and a bonded team was born. Their first trail ride showed that the “Be” could be trusted to take care of Pam and rather than flee when a dog charged a fence during the ride, she squared up to him as if to say “Don’t mess with my rider.” You seemed to enjoy being packed up with camping gear for overnight pack in camping trips, eagerly loading into the trailer each time for another adventure. The show ring was another place you enjoyed, taking many ribbons and at age 21 you won a halter class over 8 nice horses showing that class shines through. At age 16 you foundered but with a lot of care you pulled through and spent the next 8 years barefoot, not taking a lame step. You loved your stall and we could leave the entry door open and you would not take a step out unless invited. Our dominate mare you gracefully ruled over the herd. Truly the perfect horse for us.
A couple of weeks ago you seemed to colic and the vet came right out. You recovered but there was something about the colic diagnosis that didn’t seem right. Yesterday afternoon you weren’t right again and called to Pam, in the house, to come to your aid. You were in distress but it just didn’t seem like a typical colic. This time the vet found a large heart murmur and an extremely low pulse. Your large loving heart had a fatal flaw. You were in big trouble and the time and had come to free you from your pain. Our big gelding, Sovayn, had become an item with you and when I led him over to you after the vet left, he sniffed your nose, let out a high pitched nicker, and I had to drag him away from you. All night and so far this morning he keeps calling but time heals all wounds, his and ours. Thanks for the wonderful years and times. You will be missed.

7357E178-356C-446A-ADA7-F59585954534.jpeg

2E7A679A-B733-4AE2-A3A5-49231B2A2785.jpeg

F51D73D9-74F5-4815-B176-F37F16E2E5BF.jpeg

ADA4EA16-595F-4B15-9915-3E5F4CAA1E94.jpeg

87C52C46-3D43-4C89-99A4-DE3BAF092D33.jpeg

1DC6E223-FCEC-4398-AEFA-4A796FADFD74.jpeg

Farewell sweet girl, Godspeed, Mike
  • tuffyk likes this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#2 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:26 PM

She was loved by you and Pam and all of us through your pictures and words. Hugs to you and yours.
  • OHR likes this

#3 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts
  • Interests:Elikzir++/(Ganges x Ularia)6X U.S. National Top Ten
    LA LegacyInBlack+++//10X U.S. National Top Ten
    The Terminatorr+ U.S. National Champion
    PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050
    Instagram too!https://instagram.com/bonnfyrefarms/

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

Mike and Pam, I have tears reading this.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how much she was loved by you.  I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain.

Godspeed Begonia. 

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#4 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

Mike and Pam, I have tears reading this.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how much she was loved by you.  I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain.
Godspeed Begonia.

You’ve already done it. Trooper has been great in our time of need.

Mike and Pam
  • BFF likes this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#5 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts
  • Interests:horses of any breed and discipline, equine color genetics, photography, reading, classic movies

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:13 PM

:( So sorry to hear of the loss of this lovely grey lady. My deepest condolences to you and Pam.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#6 klagrutta

klagrutta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:34 AM

So sorry!  

#7 mi-ownarabians

mi-ownarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:21 AM

So sorry for your losing such a gentle soul.  Each one we lose leaves and empty place in our hearts .   It's knowing they are joining others we have lost in the past that helps.