https://www.facebook...713041553360:43
  • tuffyk and karens like this

#2 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, dogs, especially Border collies, herbal medicine.

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

Oh,I do remember Roxie! And glad that she is no longer a dangerous pony! Problem is, the link doesn't work for me.

#3 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Oh,I do remember Roxie! And glad that she is no longer a dangerous pony! Problem is, the link doesn't work for me.

Me either.

Kathy
We can't afford a government so indifferent to the people it pretends to serve.

#4 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:15 PM

I've always liked Roxie.  The link fails to work for me as well.

Mike

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#5 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • Interests:Elikzir++/(Ganges x Ularia)6X U.S. National Top Ten
    LA LegacyInBlack+++//10X U.S. National Top Ten
    The Terminatorr+ U.S. National Champion
    PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050
    Instagram too!https://instagram.com/bonnfyrefarms/

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

I sure remember Roxie!!!

Link does not work for me either

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#6 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

https://photos.app.g...OBNupW9Yw2nEgJ3

Maybe this one will work.
  • kathy s., rethacharper and karens like this

#7 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, dogs, especially Border collies, herbal medicine.

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:31 AM

Awesome video! Do tell us more. I have another mare that is difficult, many say she is too much horse for me. Perhaps, no, for real, I think it's true. I realize she remains the lead mare, and when she truly doesn't want to do something, I cannot make her. As in trying to get shoes on for the first time at age 19. So it's been depressing, tho I remind myself I saved her from a bqd situation, am taking care of her, learning on her case, so it could be worse, etc. She is a genius, of course, learns too fast, and I found a local man who wants to ride her, and I want him to. Shoes seemed indicated, to ride around here on the pavement. I want her to experience life fully, get used, enjoy going out. I am not able to give her that outing. So, not meant to take away from your story, tell us more.

#8 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

POPULAR

Awesome video! Do tell us more. I have another mare that is difficult, many say she is too much horse for me. Perhaps, no, for real, I think it's true. I realize she remains the lead mare, and when she truly doesn't want to do something, I cannot make her. As in trying to get shoes on for the first time at age 19. So it's been depressing, tho I remind myself I saved her from a bqd situation, am taking care of her, learning on her case, so it could be worse, etc. She is a genius, of course, learns too fast, and I found a local man who wants to ride her, and I want him to. Shoes seemed indicated, to ride around here on the pavement. I want her to experience life fully, get used, enjoy going out. I am not able to give her that outing. So, not meant to take away from your story, tell us more.

We have been riding for a while, but the last 6 or 8 months I have seen a huge change in her confidence and in mine. We have worked with big trainers, small trainers,dressage trainers, Arab trainers, and even wild mustang trainers. I read a lot of training books or watch videos but something always seemed missing. On a whim I ordered "Tales of horsemanship" by Carson James. It is litteraly made everything else finally click in my head. It is kinda like the this or that for dummy books. It breaks it down to the very basics and always has a why. And some chapters are more about funny stories, that you forget you are reading a training book. I also bought the audio book, which I absolutely love.
I think you would benefit from it as his main focus is how to be the leader your horse wants you to be.
  • ladycascabel, rethacharper, BFF and 2 others like this

#9 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,362 posts
  • Interests:horses of any breed and discipline, equine color genetics, photography, reading, classic movies

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:06 PM

So proud of you and Roxie both!! 

• BFF and msjwebb like this

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#10 BarnOwl

BarnOwl

Advanced Member