Photo

Anyone Want To Share Their Xanax? Short Term...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

...of course.

Ok people, I need someone to donate a few (30) Xanax to a good cause-me. Discussing Texie's pregnancy with the best horse vet ever, Dr.B. today, he moved her foaling date from March 8th to Feb. 25th. Conversation today: Dr. B- How does she look?
Me: I think she looks great, you probably wouldn't agree.
Dr. B- Is she fat?
Me- Everything on the S*******  place is fat, except the Boxer.
Dr. B- Is she skinny?
Me- ???
Dr. B- When is she due?
Me- You said March 8th
Dr. B- Hmm, let me take a look here (tapping keyboard)...Nope, she's due Feb. 25th
Me- ???? I need Xanax
Dr. B- LOL
Me- I'm serious
Dr. B- Bring her in Feb. 15th and we'll check her out
Me- See you on the 1st
Dr. B-........(silence)

Kathy
We can't afford a government so indifferent to the people it pretends to serve.

#2 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:08 AM

As long as she is healthy, WHEN isn't that big a concern, since they almost never foal when you think they should anyway. After 40 years of breeding horses, I KNOW this to be a fact of life. Have a glass of wine; watch a good movie. Its not good to make your vet crazy.

• ladycascabel and kathy s. like this

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#3 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts
  • Interests:Elikzir++/(Ganges x Ularia)6X U.S. National Top Ten
    LA LegacyInBlack+++//10X U.S. National Top Ten
    The Terminatorr+ U.S. National Champion
    PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050
    Instagram too!https://instagram.com/bonnfyrefarms/

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

Think of it this way, you have less time to wait!

The last weeks are the hardest.

My first one is "due" around March 18- if she does anything similar to her first foal it will be more like March 25th.  That being said I have not moved her up to the foaling area as we actually had rain and California horses are known to melt in the rain. 

• kathy s. and Lridgeway2 like this

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#4 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

As long as she is healthy, WHEN isn't that big a concern, since they almost never foal when you think they should anyway. After 40 years of breeding horses, I KNOW this to be a fact of life. Have a glass of wine; watch a good movie. Its not good to make your vet crazy.

Lol, I've been his client for 30+ years, so he's used to it. 

Seriously though, the last maiden mare I bred rejected her first foal. He was born sickly and after 2 weeks of plasma transfusions, and round the clock care, he didn't make it. This is my second first foal mare, and she will deliver at the vet's.

Every other mare I've owned has been an experienced broodmare (I've been owning and breeding Arabs since 1983).

And yes, I plan on drinking a box.....er, a glass or two of wine. :)  Thanks and I'll post photos after the foal is born. :)

Think of it this way, you have less time to wait!

The last weeks are the hardest.

My first one is "due" around March 18- if she does anything similar to her first foal it will be more like March 25th.  That being said I have not moved her up to the foaling area as we actually had rain and California horses are known to melt in the rain. 

Lol!    But I'm glad you had rain :)

• karens likes this

Kathy

#5 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

I think I foaled about 20 maidens over the years, and only one ever gave me any trouble.

• kathy s. likes this

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#6 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts
    PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

Lol, I've been his client for 30+ years, so he's used to it. 

Seriously though, the last maiden mare I bred rejected her first foal. He was born sickly and after 2 weeks of plasma transfusions, and round the clock care, he didn't make it. This is my second first foal mare, and she will deliver at the vet's.

Every other mare I've owned has been an experienced broodmare (I've been owning and breeding Arabs since 1983).

And yes, I plan on drinking a box.....er, a glass or two of wine. :)  Thanks and I'll post photos after the foal is born. :)

Lol!    But I'm glad you had rain :)

Hey KATHY  I had a OH S**T moment....................so in my head I had my mare due in March.   Now mind you I DID have two mares that were due in March but I sold one of them.  So although I vaccinated my mare with her Rhino on time- my brain had her being due in March.

Last week while speaking to a client and going over shots, I was looking at my mares breeding chart...............and she is due MID FEBRUARY.   Fortunately I was only a few days late on her 30 day vaccine.

• kathy s. likes this

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#7 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:57 PM

Hey KATHY  I had a OH S**T moment....................so in my head I had my mare due in March.   Now mind you I DID have two mares that were due in March but I sold one of them.  So although I vaccinated my mare with her Rhino on time- my brain had her being due in March.

Last week while speaking to a client and going over shots, I was looking at my mares breeding chart...............and she is due MID FEBRUARY.   Fortunately I was only a few days late on her 30 day vaccine.

Welcome to my world!!  My experience  is very similar to yours. I had bought the 5- in- one shot to administer 45 days prior to foaling, and once the vet corrected the foaling date, I was just in time with the necessary injection.

Question: My vet told me years ago to administer the Rhino vaccine at 5 and  7 months, then the 5- in-one 45 days prior to foaling. Has that protocol changed to 30  days?  I've never discussed it with my vet since he initially instructed me about the issue, but things change. 

Kathy

#8 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:28 PM

Welcome to my world!!  My experience  is very similar to yours. I had bought the 5- in- one shot to administer 45 days prior to foaling, and once the vet corrected the foaling date, I was just in time with the necessary injection.

Question: My vet told me years ago to administer the Rhino vaccine at 5 and  7 months, then the 5- in-one 45 days prior to foaling. Has that protocol changed to 30  days?  I've never discussed it with my vet since he initially instructed me about the issue, but things change. 

Kathy I thought of you when I had my moment.

So my vet has always had us do the Rhino at 5-7-9  months, and we have always done the last shot the 5-1  or 4-1 30 days prior to due date.   

• kathy s. and dragon like this

#9 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

Kathy I thought of you when I had my moment.

So my vet has always had us do the Rhino at 5-7-9  months, and we have always done the last shot the 5-1  or 4-1 30 days prior to due date.   

Thanks for the info!  As I said, things change over the years. Luckily, she seems happy and healthy, than God.

Kathy