#1 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

It isn't the usual Thanksgiving here but it's still all good.  The crew is having a ball today as the weather is nice, the blankets are off, and there's plenty of muddy spots to roll in.  They all seem to realize that this is a special day where good things happen.

Expectations are high:

IMG_9987 (2).JPG

No bucket is safe from "THE NECK":

IMG_0006 (2).JPG

Dinner Menu:

IMG_0010 (3).JPG

Everyone dines on a whole apple for the appetizer, followed by Equine Senior garnished with Omaline 400.  The next course is fresh leafy Alfalfa hay with a side dish of pellets.  Desert is to be Senior Snack cookies followed by an after-dinner mint or two.

Personally, I will sit down to a small portion of turkey and dressing lovingly prepared by my wonderful wife.  Late last Thursday I came down with a bug of some kind.  I took the day off work as I felt terrible and figured it was just another bad cold.  I took Sat and Sun. off as well, yes I'm working 2 jobs currently, and then Monday as well.  I went to work on Tues but by noon my boss sent me home with Pam and I went to the doctor.  Nothing serious but I required medication to help me beat this thing.  Guess I'm finally getting old.  LOL, I tried to help Pam feed but breathing was an effort so back to bed with me.  I'm much better so no sympathy please but I have a new appreciation for those with severe breathing problems.  It torpedoed my holiday plans but I hope to be back to work Saturday.  Both of my bosses have been great throughout this but the real hero is my lady.  I'm constantly surprised at how strong and competent she is, after all these years I shouldn't be.  I'm also impressed how strong a lady OHR is with what she's been through as well.  It turns out I have a lot to be thankful for this year.

Have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving everyone, Mike

• Kira and ladycascabel like this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#2 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

Indeed a feast for the carrot crew!  Sorry you aren't feeling well Mike.  Two jobs?  No wonder we don't hear from you much anymore.  I hope you don't have to do that for very long.  

I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#3 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

Takes a lot of jobs to feed a lot of horses. I'm glad you are getting better. I know well about breathing problems, stuck with THAT for life!

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :(