#1 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

So it was time to take SoVayn out for his first trail ride and he did quite well.  Excited to the point of sweating before we even started he was pretty good on the trail, he didn't shy although there isn't much on this trail to scare him.  This is why it's become my favorite trail for the newbie.  He didn't want anything to do with the water crossing so we took the bypass.  I prefer to find out their weaknesses and not train too much on a first ride.  There were a couple of minor issues but no foreseeable problems there.  It was nice to just relax and ride instead of working with the frisky gelding or the two hellcat mares.  Here's a couple of pics from the after dawn ride and another boring, head bobbing, between the ears, trail riding video.

IMG_2040 (2).JPG

IMG_2049 (2).JPG

IMG_2042 (2).JPG

Take a ride with us:

Mike

• ladycascabel, ShadowfaxArabians, JRdesire and 1 other like this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#2 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

So very cool.  Do you have a GoPro camera?  Where do you have it mounted?  Always luv your videos, pics and narratives!  I'm sure the former owners are overjoyed to know their guy landed in horsey heaven while he's still alive!  

• greygelding likes this
I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#3 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

So very cool.  Do you have a GoPro camera?  Where do you have it mounted?  Always luv your videos, pics and narratives!  I'm sure the former owners are overjoyed to know their guy landed in horsey heaven while he's still alive!  

I used to have one until it went to that happy camera studio in the sky.  I mounted it on the bill of my helmet but you had to keep your head still and try not to do too much sightseeing.  Then I carried a regular camcorder which I would hold in one hand but it was virtually unusable on the "busy" horse as they require 2 hands at all times.  Rather than spring for another expensive GoPro, I found a small camcorder on close out at Radio Shack.  No zoom or view finder, just point and shoot, but it fits in any pocket and has served me well.  It's easy to use on horse back and if damaged there will be no period of mourning as with the GoPro.

I'm pleased to know there are a few that enjoy the adventures of the carrot crew as it takes some time to edit the videos, write the stories, and post the picks.  

I just finished emailing an update to the former owners and they seem pleased so far as to where he landed.  I know SoVayn hasn't complained so far.

Mike

• ladycascabel and Macimage like this

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#4 ShadowfaxArabians

ShadowfaxArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • Interests:My Faith, My Family, My Horses, music (Country and Christian), reading, outdoor recreation.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:48 AM

Beautiful ride!!

• greygelding likes this
God Bless,
Kay

Shadowfax Arabians
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God and who have been called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

#5 kukrae

kukrae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Pedigree research when I have time or a specific horse sparks my interest.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

Love how attentive he is to his surroundings! Head always moving and ears up. 

Once again...lucky horse!! And a great video!

He's beautiful, Mike!

Happy riding!!

Tamara

kukrae

• greygelding likes this