• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

HG Esquire+

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,305 posts
  • Interests:I treasure my children, all my grandchildren and of course my dear husband Robert. I place high value on my family and are endeared to our horses and good friends. What else is there????

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

POPULAR

It's been quite some time since I have made a new post here on ABN.  Not 8+ years as that is an entire different subject and the reason for my post.

With Sport Horse Nationals on our side of the world this year and after having sold our linebred colt Mondavi GA, aka 'Robbie' I got the hair brained idea to take Esquire+ back out again.  

Of course I had absolutely no idea how this would go since he seriously has not even had a saddle on in 8+ years (not his fault).  My knees are trashed and while I would love to ride and show it simply is not in the cards :(  In fact, I have just re-injured my left knee and am headed to the doctors office tomorrow to be scheduled for surgery to have it repaired.

So off to the trainer he went.  Three days later we had to go get him to fulfill a breeding obligation.  He returned to the trainer the following day (just over an hour away) where the trainer was able to take him for a spin after being at the barn for a week.  I was not present so have no idea if it were pretty or not lol but did receive a few cellphone pics via text.  

In the next two weeks we picked Esquire up for several breeding obligations and took him right back to the trainer the following day. This did not give the trainer hardly anytime to ride Esquire, getting to know him, etc.  And on top of that we had a lot of rain :(  Our first show was going to be interesting to say the least......................

So off we went the end of May to Esquire's first show in 8+ years.  He showed both in hand and under saddle.  To say we are pleased with how everything went would be an understatement!  He looked stunning and behaved beautifully.  We took him to a second show the following weekend where he made it to the ring in hand but not under saddle.  Unfortunately Esquire had a tummy ache which he politely told us would keep him from performing his best.  We listened and scratched him from his under saddle classes and let him rest.  

The following weekend Esquire had off but that was short lived.  The next weekend we made the trip to Lexington, VA for the Blue Ridge Arabian Classic.    It was at this show Esquire validated what I knew from the first time I laid eyes on him.  With less than 2 full weeks of being back to work under saddle due to having to be taken back and forth and rain he received at this one show his highest dressage scores yet!  In fact, 3 of his 4 test scores were higher than his scores from years back!

Yes this post is a brag post, yes this post is intended to say I am super proud of my boy AND the trainer, but most important this post is to say.....

"NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS"  ~ Believe it is possible and it will be!!!

Pictures are from our recent shows ;) 

18881924_10211267162933956_2293884087056

19225340_1369168689797315_10363132740200

19275311_1369169176463933_3173785949678719396601_1369169166463934_1471305746199418951178_1361520510562133_6826116640030619748368_1386486748065509_58348639718546

Thank you for allowing me to share here with all of you!

Denise Gainey

• TripleHFarm, ShadowfaxArabians, kathy s. and 8 others like this

HG Esquire+, Rated 'E' for EVERYONE
GCA & Sport Horses on Facebook

Where Quality & Friendship Matter!

#2 OHR

OHR

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:46 AM

Khemo boys are just plain amazing.

• kathy s. and HGEsquire like this

#3 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

HG Esquire+

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,305 posts
  • Interests:I treasure my children, all my grandchildren and of course my dear husband Robert. I place high value on my family and are endeared to our horses and good friends. What else is there????

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

POPULAR

Indeed they are!  I have owned/bred a variety of bloodlines, Spanish, Crabbet, Pure Polish, Russian/Polish crosses and I found that my true love is with the American/Khemo bred horses.  They combine a lot of the great qualities of those that I have had the pleasure to own or breed years back.

And while it was really awesome to take Esquire back out again after having not been shown in years, I must admit that something else happened that was incredibly special for me.  There were several of th'E' kids at the Blue Ridge show and we were able to get a picture of Esquire with them as well as a picture of Esquire with Slinky at the VAHA show.  It is really something else to be able to have him and his kids at the same show.  More special incidents ahead for sure!!

Father and Son1.JPG

group.jpg

Denise Gainey

• kathy s., rethacharper, BFF and 2 others like this

HG Esquire+, Rated 'E' for EVERYONE
GCA & Sport Horses on Facebook

Where Quality & Friendship Matter!

#4 OHR

OHR

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

REALLY makes me miss my wonderful boy.

#5 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:PB Western Pleasure<br />Just about anything horse related!!!

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:20 PM

How very cool!  He is stunning!  The fact that he did so well after such an extended break just goes to show his mind and athletic ability are solid.  Good for you!

• HGEsquire likes this
I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#6 chalice

chalice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

You have every right to brag!!!! Esquire looks fantastic. He has wonderful mind--but I guess it's unnecessary for me to tell you that!

#7 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

Congrats Denise! Esquire is awesome!

• HGEsquire likes this

Kathy
We can't afford a government so indifferent to the people it pretends to serve.

#8 AA WISH

AA WISH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

How e-citing!

• HGEsquire likes this

#9 ShadowfaxArabians

ShadowfaxArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
  • Interests:My Faith, My Family, My Horses, music (Country and Christian), reading, outdoor recreation.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

LOVE!!! Age and time off mean little to a loving smart Arabian!!

• Macimage likes this
God Bless,
Kay

Shadowfax Arabians
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God and who have been called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

#10 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

will you now take him on to Raleigh?