• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowfaxArabians

ShadowfaxArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • Interests:My Faith, My Family, My Horses, music (Country and Christian), reading, outdoor recreation.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

Yesterday was filled with heartache, hope, tragedy, and priceless friends and family. At 7:45 am, while just getting my morning started, I heard my mare Spin "scream" at me and when I went to see what was wrong I found Kitty, my 313 day pregnant Desperado V daughter, standing with her head in the corner of the barn listess, and very cold. I immediately called the vet. Something had triggered her going into labor too soon. The vet pulled the foal (which I expected to be dead). Kitty had a gorgeous grey filly who is feisty but premature. The tragedy came later in the afternoon when Kitty went into shock and died. Kitty was an amazing riding mare and adored people. She stole my heart from the first moment she came on the farm a short year 1/2 ago. I have been surrounded by amazing friends and family praying, helping, and just loving me through this heartache. My father-in-law was my rock and quick to run errands for needed items. My mother-in-law kept my children. so many friends gave of their time and offered to help. My husband is amazing and didn't hesitate to help make sure the filly made it through the night. Please keep praying for the precious filly. She can't stand because her tendons are too soft, she is being tube-fed, but overall is doing ok all things considered. The odds are not in her favor but her breathing is good, and digestive track is working. She had an IGG serum shot last evening. We have a long road ahead of us.

18320902_1349048681805211_27453180274407

God Bless,
Kay

Shadowfax Arabians
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God and who have been called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

#2 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

Poor little baby still has the "bumpers" on her hooves. I'm sorry for the loss of your mare.

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#3 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

I am so sorry. 

Pat Lowe

#4 greygelding

greygelding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling My horse and My wife, Camping, Computers, Ham Radio

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

I'm so sorry about the mare. All our prayers going your way for the foal. She's a cutie. Please keep us posted. For such large majestic creatures they can be so fragile at times.

Mike

http://greygelding.net/
He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable,
He knows when you're confident, And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

#5 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts
  • Interests:. I raise Straight Egyptian Arabians but Love them all.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

Poor baby, we have had them as early as 302 make it but it's a load of work standing them up. I'm so sorry about your mare

#6 El Bey Angel

El Bey Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, Art, Music

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

So so sorry :( Prayers for your beautiful filly!

Posted Image
My Graphite and colored pencil art gallery:
Bridgette Lewis Art

#7 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

I'm so sorry about the loss of your mare. Her filly is so pretty! Prayers that all goes well with her.

Kathy
We can't afford a government so indifferent to the people it pretends to serve.

#8 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts
  • Interests:Elikzir++/(Ganges x Ularia)6X U.S. National Top Ten
    LA LegacyInBlack+++//10X U.S. National Top Ten
    The Terminatorr+ U.S. National Champion
    PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050
    Instagram too!https://instagram.com/bonnfyrefarms/

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

Condolences to you and your family on the tragic loss of your wonderful mare.

Prayers for your filly.  I think its encouraging that her breathing is still good.

Please keep us updated when you can. 

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#9 ShadowfaxArabians

ShadowfaxArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • Interests:My Faith, My Family, My Horses, music (Country and Christian), reading, outdoor recreation.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I think one of the more amazing parts of this was when Spin literally yelled at me to tell me something was wrong with Kitty. God has been good to us and we're praying that it doesn't end in a double tragedy but even if it does I've been surrounded by so much love and support. Right now things look moderately good for the filly. She is pooping, peeing, moving her legs a lot but mostly sleeping. My biggest concerns are getting her to start sucking again (she did a tiny bit yesterday) and getting her standing for short periods of time. We're going to try splinting her legs tomorrow per the vet's instructions. He wanted us to wait a couple days. 

God Bless,
Kay

Shadowfax Arabians
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God and who have been called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

#10 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts
  • Interests:horses of any breed and discipline, equine color genetics, photography, reading, classic movies

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

So sorry to hear this!!! My heart goes out to you. Love and hugs during this difficult time.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg