Photo

Have you seen these shocking videos?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:07 PM

I think this was one of the videos from 2015 that lead to USEF stepping in about the shanking. It's hard to watch and I've seen people defending it. :( I'm worried things are just going to get worse with all the talk about "making halter exciting again".

I worry about that too.  What on earth do they have in mind.  I don't want to know or see because it will surely come at a cost to the horses.  

The last time I went to Scottsdale my husband had to sit on me to keep me from going over the wall at Rodolfo Guzman.  I wouldn't let him touch one of mine.  And if he dared to ball his fist at me?  My husband and 10 more twice his size wouldn't have been able to hold me back.  A$$HOLE!  And yet, people keep on paying.  And like TripleH says, I've seen MUCH MUCH worse.  Glad I'm out of it.  So sad for the horses but you can only do so much when people refuse to see.

I agree but assume you meant Rudolfo Guzzo....

Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#22 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

I worry about that too.  What on earth do they have in mind.  I don't want to know or see because it will surely come at a cost to the horses.  

I agree but assume you meant Rudolfo Guzzo....

Sorry yes, I did mean Rodolfo Guzzo. 

Pat Lowe

#23 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

https://youtu.be/G2oqAur7ZEU

It disgusts me.  And pushes even further from wanting anything to do with AHA.  

Notice how Rudolfo Guzzo threatens the gal taking the video here...

https://youtu.be/CNivRWXwZYs

https://youtu.be/b86A_zyDL0Q

That  man needs his balls kicked off, just sayin'.

Kathy
We can't afford a government so indifferent to the people it pretends to serve.

#24 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:57 PM

The one taking the vid has the bigger pair.....just sayin'...

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#25 felina

felina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

I couldn't even watch it past seeing Schall going after that poor baby for NOTHING!! I've seen this stuff in person too. I can barely watch halter anymore. My daughter refuses to watch it. Now thats not to say I've not seen abuse u/s. I've sadly seen plenty of that too.

Good point someone said why we can't get more people to our breed.

The sad thing is that he generally has a reputation for being one of the more kind trainers.
Look back on our struggle for freedom,
Trace our present day's strength to its source;
And you'll find that man's pathway to glory
Is strewn with the bones of a horse.
Anonymous

#26 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

I know of several trainers with reputations for being "kind" that I remember banging on their horses back in the day. I think they just got sneakier about the abuse.

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

www.duelforthecrown.com

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com

#27 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

The one taking the vid has the bigger pair.....just sayin'...

I agree!!!

Kathy
We can't afford a government so indifferent to the people it pretends to serve.

#28 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

The sad thing is that he generally has a reputation for being one of the more kind trainers.

That tells a sad tale!

Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#29 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

Even the "kindest" halter trainer leaves residual behavior. One of mine comes from what I hear "is one of the kindest"

I have to wonder with one of my horses who still 3+ years into my ownership "Piaffes" when we wash or rinse them and the water pools around their feet.......

It has gotten better,  but they still have that "oh my god moment" that you have to wait out and reassure.  At home I do them on the dirt still and I do my best

to avoid the cement wash racks that are prevalent at the shows.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#30 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

He does????  I've never heard that!