Photo

Have you seen these shocking videos?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#11 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:15 PM

I can only imagine what goes on at home if they are willing to do THIS out in public!!!  It disgusts me!  It disgusts me even more the people that allow their horses to be abused this way!  SHAME ON THEM!

I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#12 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

Of course it's worse at home. I learned to train and stand up halter horses years ago from attending Mike Neal clinics. Those methods will only get you so far. To get the horse to tighten every muscle in his body you have to make him terrified.

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

www.duelforthecrown.com

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com

#13 JRdesire

JRdesire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

Of course it's worse at home. I learned to train and stand up halter horses years ago from attending Mike Neal clinics. Those methods will only get you so far. To get the horse to tighten every muscle in his body you have to make him terrified.

This is why people like myself won't buy halter horses to be used in performance.  I know it's not all trainers, but how is one to know for sure......  

I've learned that no amount of money can substitute for class.

#14 debs

debs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

I have watched and the terrible thing is I've seen worse

I'm so glad I haven't.....

#15 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

It's something that stays with them. I have a lovely mare that has been super for my daughter to learn on, but heaven help you if there's a plastic bag on the floor as you come into the barn.

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

www.duelforthecrown.com

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com

#16 tranquilo

tranquilo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

I think this was one of the videos from 2015 that lead to USEF stepping in about the shanking. It's hard to watch and I've seen people defending it. :( I'm worried things are just going to get worse with all the talk about "making halter exciting again".

#17 debs

debs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

Unbelievable that people would defend this abuse of these poor horses. They need to get out of horses if they think that is acceptable.

#18 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:44 AM

You have to wonder how they treat their children.

One definition of insanity is repeating something over and over, and expecting different results.

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#19 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:15 AM

I couldn't even watch it past seeing Schall going after that poor baby for NOTHING!!  I've seen this stuff in person too.  I can barely watch halter anymore.  My daughter refuses to watch it.  Now thats not to say I've not seen abuse u/s.  I've sadly seen plenty of that too.

Good point someone said why we can't get more people to our breed.  

#20 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

The last time I went to Scottsdale my husband had to sit on me to keep me from going over the wall at Rodolfo Guzzo.  I wouldn't let him touch one of mine.  And if he dared to ball his fist at me?  My husband and 10 more twice his size wouldn't have been able to hold me back.  A$$HOLE!  And yet, people keep on paying.  And like TripleH says, I've seen MUCH MUCH worse.  Glad I'm out of it.  So sad for the horses but you can only do so much when people refuse to see.

Pat Lowe