Photo

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS See below -USEF- No more Regumate for the BOYS!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

Good news for our horses.

Atlantic Equine Services Posted this---

You DO NOT have to be on Facebook to see it---- (though you do have to click "not now" to move the obnoxious pop up bar)

https://www.facebook...IMELINE&fref=nf

"New rules are about to be announced by the USEF regarding medications.
Medroxyprogesterone (Depo-provera) will become a prohibited substance in geldings stallions and mares.
Altrenogest (Regumate) will be prohibited in geldings and stallions.
When the USEF announces the rule change, there will be enough time for withdrawal before the rules becomes effective."

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#2 dragon

dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:20 PM

Regumate is very bad for stallions reproductive health.

A gelding that needs it must be proud cut.

#3 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

Yay! Now they can TRAIN instead of drug! And if THAT doesn't work, it shouldn't BE a stallion!

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#4 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

Or simply overfed and underworked enough to be too fractious to show at halter.

Regumate is very bad for stallions reproductive health.

A gelding that needs it must be proud cut.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#5 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

Someone said today that the Open Hunter people use the Depo on the geldings alot.

Someone on an old COTH thread said the following  "my gelding gets 15 cc every 3 weeks, I think. He is an adult hunter, and without it he tends to land out of the line and snake his head sometimes, and for the changes will pin his ears and back up into the spur a little. the depo seems to even those things out. 

I tend to agree with mroades, I would imagine 75% of A/AA show hunter "true" geldings are on depo."

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#6 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:49 AM

This makes me VERY happy!  I'm such a natural freak that I will rarely tinker with a mare's hormones, even to short cycle.  It just isn't that important to me vs her overall health, and I won't even consider using Regumate for show.  FINALLY!  

Pat Lowe

#7 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

Now I am seeing that the Veterinary clinic that posted that has removed the post.

Anyone with ties to USEF that can confirm this?

We're they being previous or is it unsubstantiated

#8 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

Probably getting death threats from BNT

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#9 cvm2002

cvm2002

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

Just did a very quick scan of the USEF 2017 Drug & Medication Guideline document (https://files.usef.o...7guidelines.pdf ) and there is no mention of Altrenogest/Regumate or Medroxyprogesterone/DepoProvera.

Veterinarian by day, and some nights, and most Saturdays, and every 6th weekend and holidays. Wannabe photographer the rest of the time!

www.wildsidearabians.com

Home of Canadian Top Ten stallion Antham (*Rushan AHSB x WN Sharazada)

#10 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

Definitely being used in H/J horses in this area