Photo

Sidesteping USEF rules-"New Club"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

#21 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:48 PM

What can I say??  I'm a Sanctimonious Pest.  ;) 

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...

#22 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:03 AM

Nah! Just very predictable.

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#23 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:38 AM

#1.  I wonder if other breed organizations are as fractured as ours? 

It seems like there's always a 'new' something.  As we look at registration figures for the last couple of years, one thing is apparent, we are in trouble as a breed!  But I don't think more glamour shows are going to improve the problem.

#2.  How many of you have heard people saw - I used to own (or my mother, Dad etc) an Arabian and loved it.  It was a great horse that would do everything.  I've heard that a lot here, but they don't own Arabian horses any more!  What we should be asking is WHY not?

#1.  Since I belong to several other organizations, I think the answer to this question is NO.  For one thing, they are not run like AHA.  AHA is like a giraffe, designed by committee and run the same with all the attendant issues that so many differing opinions can cause. 

#2.  Not just have heard people say, but I am one of those people.  I now own only 1 Arab, though the Arabian horse will always be my favorite breed for talent, personality, looks, ability, you  name it.  I've had several offers of really nice Arabs, for free and turned them down.  There were many issues, but for me, the final straw was the Half Arab Reiner Debacle  when AHA showed themselves to be so utterly spineless, useless and corrupt.  That was a total embarrassment to the entire breed.  Of all the organizations I belong to, AHA is no longer one.   

Pat Lowe

#24 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:46 AM

I am still completely in love with what the Arabian used to be, before money and politics completely re-designed them. Far too many of them now are no longer functional, much less versatile. Conformation and disposition have been bastardized in favor of the "kite on a string" effect. And don't get me started on all the clubbed feet and straight hocks that are being bred. Those are FAULTS, and should NOT be bred on, don't care WHAT name its attached to. These days, people breed on the NAME and to h3!! with conformation.

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#25 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:05 PM

#1.  Since I belong to several other organizations, I think the answer to this question is NO.  For one thing, they are not run like AHA.  AHA is like a giraffe, designed by committee and run the same with all the attendant issues that so many differing opinions can cause. 

#2.  Not just have heard people say, but I am one of those people.  I now own only 1 Arab, though the Arabian horse will always be my favorite breed for talent, personality, looks, ability, you  name it.  I've had several offers of really nice Arabs, for free and turned them down.  There were many issues, but for me, the final straw was the Half Arab Reiner Debacle  when AHA showed themselves to be so utterly spineless, useless and corrupt.  That was a total embarrassment to the entire breed.  Of all the organizations I belong to, AHA is no longer one.   

Agree. However, I truly believe in our breed and frankly, it's up to us to force AHA to straighten up and fly right. Unfortunately, I also believe that until membership and registrations dwindle to a trickle, the association will continue to ignore what is taking place. Group think and all that :(

Kathy Crawford, please don't leave. I join many others here  left on this forum when I say, I really enjoy your posts and hearing of your successes. IMO, it was the undeserved  snark that played a huge part in driving many good members away, much like what OHR continues to do.

OHR, please stop the nasty remarks. I'm sure you'll attack me as well, but I'll ignore them. Life is too short for all that, don't you agree?

Kathy
We can't afford a government so indifferent to the people it pretends to serve.

#26 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

I have been checking FB pages for more info on the meeting and so far I've read nothing.  What I read before the meeting was that the halter trainers feel like they have been treated poorly by AHA.  I haven't been involved in showing for years but I always thought they sort of ran AHA.  Either I was wrong or things have really changed.

I keep going to back to being surprised at some of the people who seem to be supporting this.  IMO there are some good people and it makes me wonder what's going to happen.  I'd love to find out more.

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...

#27 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

it seems like this is going to be very similar to a couple of other shows that were tried in the past few years - - but both of the shows I knew of failed after a couple of years.  this one is strategically placed to interfere with sending horsess to both this show and US Nationals.  so far it sounds like some of the haltr folkswere not happy with the arean used, time of the classes at Tulsa this year; they still do not like the scorecard and really dislike the one horse in the ring idea.  they also do not seem to like the no bagging rule or some of the other more recent USEF actions.  so this is a way to get exactly the show that they desire (and to maybe teach AHA/USN that they matter more than they perceive the treatment showed??).

they said something about $250,000 in prize money..............but not sure how far that goes with an entire show of halter classes................or where they will get this prize money from.  there will likely be more information as they get their plans more settled.  the date so far is aiming for September 2017

one vital thing I learned here was how to put those always snarky, unhappy folks on IGNORE - - it makes such a difference in the total experience

#28 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:55 AM

Siamese, can you point me to where you're reading about this?  Thanks.

#29 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

Halter trainers (not ALL, I'm sure) feel THEY have been treated poorly by AHA???? That is so delusional I can't see how any of the ones who feel this way manage to get through normal life. Any other mainstream breed association would have banned FOR LIFE some of them for the underhanded tricks they've pulled. I know for a FACT that halter as presented by certain trainers (terrified horses circling and jumping around, crouching in fear, eyes bugging out) turns the average person away from Arabians. And if our breed can't appeal to the average potential horse owner, what future does it have?

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#30 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

https://www.facebook...&type=3

Chelsea - try this. They also had a broadcast fo the meeting for the new group/show yesterday - - it also is posted and viewable somewhere on FB