Photo

Sidesteping USEF rules-"New Club"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

#11 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:53 AM

It will definitely be interesting to see what comes of this meeting. I still would not be surprised if AHA pulls out of USEF, I do think they will give in to pressure IF it is being exerted.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#12 tranquilo

tranquilo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

Statement from AHA:

IMG_6530.PNG

Loree
http://www.bellavita-arabians.com/

Home of National Champions Adelaida V+// and Jullyanna+.

#13 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

I'm so tired of hearing about renegade groups that want to make up their own rules. With dwindling registrations and participation in shows do we really need to fracture things even further?

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

www.duelforthecrown.com

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com

#14 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:44 AM

I'm so tired of hearing about renegade groups that want to make up their own rules. With dwindling registrations and participation in shows do we really need to fracture things even further?

Agreed.

This move reminds me of the bratty kid who takes his ball and goes home.

Glad to see AHA sent out a statement. Thank you Tranquilo for sharing. For some reason I don't get e mail blasts from AHA

Sadly, that removes any any optimism that this move was a focus on the National show in general and not just a halter club.
Though I wish that had been the case.

There is a reason those of us who have been around the breed for so long are cynical.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#15 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

This move reminds me of the bratty kid who takes his ball and goes home.

Seems to be a lot of that going around.........

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#16 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

Saw this posted today

https://www.facebook...?type=3

#17 AA WISH

AA WISH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:28 AM

I wonder if other breed organizations are as fractured as ours?  It seems like there's always a 'new' something.  As we look at registration figures for the last couple of years, one thing is apparent, we are in trouble as a breed!  But I don't think more glamour shows are going to improve the problem.

How many of you have heard people saw - I used to own (or my mother, Dad etc) an Arabian and loved it.  It was a great horse that would do everything.  I've heard that a lot here, but they don't own Arabian horses any more!  What we should be asking is WHY not?

#18 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

I still have Arabians like that, but people here don't want that. The overshod barbiedoll horses won't make the general public love Arabians. So the general public buys stock horses.

#19 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

I was not "slamming you again" OHR.  You made a very negative comment about something you know nothing of. (Anyone who thinks the comment was positive in ANY way, please raise their hand).  This used to be a fun and informative thread made up of people from all areas of the Arabian horse spectrum, sadly it has dwindled to nearly nothing.  More than one person stated their reason for not coming here was being attacked and the nasty attitudes displayed by some.  I pretty much quit posting anything about my horse showing because several people thought they had the right to tell me everything that was wrong about it from the headset, to the shoes, to me being one of the "blind elite".  Anyway, count me among those who are bowing out.  I'm attempting to dispatch anything in my life that contains negativity and sadly that now includes ABN.

I'm sorry to see you leave, Kathy, I enjoyed your posts.  I read OHR's post the same way you did.  

There are other viewpoints about this at several different FB pages and there are some decent people backing it.  I'm going to wait to see what comes out the meeting.  I'm not sure it's helpful but I want to hear their reasons for starting another show.

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...

#20 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

I read OHR's post the same way you did.

Yes, I expected no less of you.