Photo

Sidesteping USEF rules-"New Club"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

#181 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

The slamming continues to those of us who abhore the ______ (fill in the blank) and speak out. WTH is wrong with those who have eye sight yet profess to be blind?
After days of silence on my post on my personal page one of those seeing blind folk stirred the pot again.
Trying to be politically correct I politely replied

"MR Halter isn't the problem here. Unjust and unfair handling of the horse(s) is. Exposing those that do this is not wrong nor should it be hushed. Consider it to be doing the horse/owner a favor. The only way to fix a problem is to acknowledge there is one."

And no, it didn't keep them away......obviously there is a much different opinion of what is and what isn't acceptable. Adding names to my "do not sell to" list!

Denise Gainey

I'm pretty disgusted with the position that many Arab people have taken.  Pushes me even further from the breed.  I think you said it above - before a problem can be fixed, you must first recognize there is a problem.  So many people deny there is any real problem and continually claim that things are IMPROVING!!!  I can't take it any more - makes my heart hurt and leaves me feeling completely crushed.

Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#182 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:17 AM

It's why I went to SHIH. And it's clear that plenty of folks see what's wrong--that's why there are so few horses in the halter classes.

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

www.duelforthecrown.com

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com