Photo

DNA Testing requirements - Rescued/Auction horse - Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#11 grayarabs

grayarabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:18 PM

I think "Nick at Noon" might be "Grayson".     I'm going to compare the markings to the photos on the FB ad - googling "Lok-Wyn Talib and Grayson".

FWIW I suggested the stallion to the mare owner.      

(Edit - I suggested the stallion for a different mare she owned - looks like she bred two to him).

There's kind of a story or two here - is why I am interested.   Thanks again.

Adding:   I can't figure out how to download anything either...........

#12 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:17 AM

BFF, I don't think that is her gelding.  Tolaerab Degh is.  He still has a unique face marking.  Can you post the markings?  I don't know how yet.  

If he matches the markings on datasource, it is probably him.  Markings are drawn when the papers are submitted.  They are not changed unless photos are sent in and paperwork is submitted to AHA.  Since it looks like he was registered by six months since he changed owners, AHA would be showing the markings submitted at registration.   

Ok here are the papers/markings for  Tolaerab Degh

TolarebPapers.jpg

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#13 grayarabs

grayarabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

rabmuzzle.JPG Thanks.

The markings match very well.

High white hinds and facial.

I'll try to post a photo of the muzzle markings.

A bit more pink than shown on papers - but I think it's a match.

#14 grayarabs

grayarabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

Trying to post another photo.  Having trouble.  Sorry........

#15 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:53 AM

Gray Arabs I would not be too worried about the muzzle markings not matching as its not uncommon for them to "depigmentize" a bit.   I remember my first Arabian

gelding back in the 70s when the freeze marker from the registry came out we had to alter his markings due to him having depigmentized a bit.

I would say its him as that nostril marking is a match

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#16 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:04 AM

Gray Arabs I would not be too worried about the muzzle markings not matching as its not uncommon for them to "depigmentize" a bit.   I remember my first Arabian

gelding back in the 70s when the freeze marker from the registry came out we had to alter his markings due to him having depigmentized a bit.

I would say its him as that nostril marking is a match

And from the photo he looks to have nice short ears - something common thirty years ago - not so much now.   :wacko:

Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.