Photo

USEF RULING: BIG CHANGES FOR MAIN RING HALTER!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#21 loriwoo

loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

BFF is right, and besides there were already rules about shanking, and everyone did it anyway, this is just different wording.
as for shoes I can win at the local rates shows with barefoot horses in WP, and I see changes in the western horses, not so much drape in the ammy division. I hope things keep changing for the better. at least this looks like they are trying. as for the USEF going, I think a lot of it is due to fees for those showing. the QH dont' use USEF and they have no more or less issues than we do as a breed. it would save a ton of money.
It is not the quality of silver on your horse, it is the quality of horse under your silver.

#22 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:12 PM

I pray that we stay with USEF. The folks that have been running AHA already favor the BNTS and always have. You don't let the inmates run the assylum.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#23 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:45 PM

I show AQHA also, and they have their own drug testers. It is cheaper, too. But I hear what those of you in favor of staying with USEF are saying. Very apt analogy, BFF.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#24 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:18 PM

I pray that we stay with USEF. The folks that have been running AHA already favor the BNTS and always have. You don't let the inmates run the assylum.

I doubt very seriously that AHA will leave USEF.  It will be another black mark on our breed if we do and I don't think most people want that.  My friend attended convention this year and had a lot positive to say about our president, Cynthia Richardson.  Of course, it takes a woman to clean some clocks and take no prisoners. ;)

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...

#25 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:44 AM

I have mixed feeling. I want to think that things will get better, but knowing how many of those guys operate, the horses will just be "schooled" that much harder at home.

WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and SHN top 10, MA Razcals Glori SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, Montana Athena SHN Reserve Champion
WR SHADDO HAWK+++/- Multi Regional Champion and multiple SHN Top 10
MAGNIFICO ZF-multiple Regional Champion, SHN Reserve Champion, multiple USN top 10

#26 Laura

Laura

Laura

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:12 AM

Are the videos that were used for the protest up anywhere?

I would be interested in this as well.

#27 MLM65

MLM65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:54 AM

Are the videos that were used for the protest up anywhere?

As far as I know, the videos are not posted anywhere and  AFAIK, the identity of the trainers/handlers is also not known.  The group that filed the protests was pretty clear they were looking for industry wide changes and not to turn this into a witch hunt, so they've played this pretty close to their chests. 

#28 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

As far as I know, the videos are not posted anywhere and AFAIK, the identity of the trainers/handlers is also not known. The group that filed the protests was pretty clear they were looking for industry wide changes and not to turn this into a witch hunt, so they've played this pretty close to their chests.

Thank you for the information.

Even with the new rule the BNTs who set the breeding trends will continue to be coated in Teflon.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#29 tranquilo

tranquilo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:51 PM

The videos were on Facebook but they pulled them down when they sent them to USEF. The one that stuck with me was a trainer showing a young horse to the judges, then immediately coming at it with the whip and aggressively shanking it as soon as the judges walked away. The camera was on the horse and handler the whole time and I don't remember seeing any misbehavior from the horse before he went after it. It just looked to me like a horse doing its best and getting punished for it...pretty sad.

I won't get too excited but I hope the new rules are enforced.

Loree
http://www.bellavita-arabians.com/

Home of National Champions Adelaida V+// and Jullyanna+.

#30 Blackberry Run Arabians

Blackberry Run Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:33 PM

Sadly, the inmates already run the Asylum. Much like our political joke of a situation, nothing is really going to change until there is a leader willing to demand change.

What you see ... Often times ... depends upon where you stand.

AHA Discovery Farm

http://blackberryrunarabians.com