Photo

Vaulting with Arabian Horses?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

iequine.com has coverage of the FEI finals of single and pas- de- deux in Germany right now, and it is awesome to see it........ at that level and with that exposure on tv and/or the internet. I am wondering who has seen any in their state or area, and if anyone out there is using Arabians and or 1/2 Arabians to train/compete. There is some going on here in Las Vegas and I will go and watch.

#2 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:30 PM

iequine.com has coverage of the FEI finals of single and pas- de- deux in Germany right now, and it is awesome to see it........ at that level and with that exposure on tv and/or the internet. I am wondering who has seen any in their state or area, and if anyone out there is using Arabians and or 1/2 Arabians to train/compete. There is some going on here in Las Vegas and I will go and watch.

I have been to many vaulting competitions... I would NEVER think they would use an Arab. Most of the lower end levels use draft or draft'crosses. They are mellow, and very steady , and are huge.  The higher levels use high end fabulous big warmbloods from Europe mainly. 

I would almost say NEVER for an Arab. There is just too much at stake for the safety of riders.  When you watch a vaulting competition you'll understand why I say this

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#3 Stanislav

Stanislav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

No on Arabs and half-Arabs. They do have don't enough real estate(back space) needed for vaulting-particularly for 2-3 people and they could be thrown off balance. I suppose a big half Arab COULD... But the BIG drafts and warmbloods really are the breeds of choice.

#4 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

Breeds of choice for size most definitely and the need for honest, stable, robotic performance... Think about it ! kids standing on their back

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...