Photo

Talented young HA gelding

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:11 AM

Thought I would a share  video of my friends coming 3 yr HA gelding.  If I knew of anyone looking for an INCREDIBLE NATIONAL show prospect.. he'd be at the top of my list. Undersaddle or  in hand... he WILL be a winner... no doubt. 

https://youtu.be/A4VOksp5tFE

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#2 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:49 AM

WOW

Sweeps?

MaryJo

#3 bettyk

bettyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:42 AM

LOVE that boy!!!  Dressage...dressage...dressage!  Oh to be 20 yrs. younger!  To look like that after 30 rides at 3 years of age...oh my.  His canter is sensational!

Ravenwood Qahtahn (Qahtahn x Ravenwood Gemmone)

Arabest Kaliel (Arabest Kalid x Arabest Denabiela) - The most special stallion, lost 4/9/16

El Ghorab Sneferu (GAF Mosaad x Stonehedge Fateza) - Sadly lost 6/6/10
Tsynful Sensation (Simeon Sanegor x Woodhill Tsabrina) - Forever in my heart, lost 8/8/11

#4 sabino

sabino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:15 PM

Stunning mover!! Love him!!!

#5 liz

liz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:28 PM

This was taken then other day.. will be 3 next spring. Yes, I think he is " FREAKY GOOD- so even and relaxed  ! "   Multiple options and career paths to pursue.  Been a long time since I've seen a baby this gifted.

Not sweeps... who cares ? ... HA sweeps money nowadays is abysmal- perhaps someday it will be of value again... let's hope.  I can't even imagine letting a horse "pass" cause he wasn't sweeps.  

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013

#6 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

Not sweeps... who cares ? ... HA sweeps money nowadays is abysmal- perhaps someday it will be of value again... let's hope.  I can't even imagine letting a horse "pass" cause he wasn't sweeps.  

Well with the introduction of the Young Horse dressage pay back I actually have people contacting me the last few months looking specifically for Sweepstakes nominated horses so they can participate............

Of course since Sport Horse classes have offered no payout for decades I have not bothered to nominate any of my foals even though their sires are Nominated.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#7 liz

liz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

Maybe sweeps is making some new moves then..good !

So what kind of $ for  the "Young Dressage horse payback" ? 

#8 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:44 PM

Maybe sweeps is making some new moves then..good !

So what kind of $ for  the "Young Dressage horse payback" ? 

$15,000 payout.

Jim Porcher‎ to Arabian Sport Horse Alliance
June 18 · Bernalillo, NM · 
I am pleased to announce the Arabian Breeders Sweepstakes Committee voted unanimously to approve a $15,000 payback class at Arabian Sport Horse Nationals. This class will be similar to the USEF/Markel Young Horse Dressage and will be open to both ABS nominated and non-nominated 4 and 5 year olds with no qualifications. If approved by the SHN Commission, it will begin in 2016 and ABS has committed to funding the class for 5 years. Of course, only nominated horses will be eligible for payback monies, but breeders of non-nominated horses are welcome to use the class as a marketing and promotional tool. The test will be the Four Year Old Test. Our thanks to the ABS Chair, Russ Taylor, for hatching this idea and for seeing it through his committee. The next step will be for it to be approved by the SHN Commission. If you breed this type of horse and use an ABS nominated stallion or mare you might want to consider nominating the foal to take advantage of this opportunity.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#9 liz

liz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:08 PM

$15,000 payout.

Jim Porcher‎ to Arabian Sport Horse Alliance
June 18 · Bernalillo, NM · 
I am pleased to announce the Arabian Breeders Sweepstakes Committee voted unanimously to approve a $15,000 payback class at Arabian Sport Horse Nationals. This class will be similar to the USEF/Markel Young Horse Dressage and will be open to both ABS nominated and non-nominated 4 and 5 year olds with no qualifications. If approved by the SHN Commission, it will begin in 2016 and ABS has committed to funding the class for 5 years. Of course, only nominated horses will be eligible for payback monies, but breeders of non-nominated horses are welcome to use the class as a marketing and promotional tool. The test will be the Four Year Old Test. Our thanks to the ABS Chair, Russ Taylor, for hatching this idea and for seeing it through his committee. The next step will be for it to be approved by the SHN Commission. If you breed this type of horse and use an ABS nominated stallion or mare you might want to consider nominating the foal to take advantage of this opportunity.

I like this idea.  Question... Purebred and Half Arab ?   .... think about this... nominate in 2015 for hopes your 4 yr  foal in yr  2021 will still have this dressage class with money in it. Sweeps has a  track record of changing the rules of the game every few years or so.

#10 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

I like this idea.  Question... Purebred and Half Arab ?   .... think about this... nominate in 2015 for hopes your 4 yr  foal in yr  2021 will still have this dressage class with money in it. Sweeps has a  track record of changing the rules of the game every few years or so.

And that's the conundrum.

Well not really.
As the saying goes "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"
Well I fell for the Original Sweepstakes BS when IAHA took their dog and pony show to club meetings and told us how the program was set in stone and the payback classes would never change....

I stopped nominating any foals about 11 years ago.
We had no idea they would come up with the young horse class so therefore I currently have none of my youngsters sweepstakes. I did not breed any mares for next year and I would almost bet the farm that the young horse class will not have a payout by the time my 2017 foals would be eligible....