Photo

Half sibling to half sibling mating.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#51 rroyalee

rroyalee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:30 AM

I have linebred a few horses. It seemed to me that I (the resulting foals, not me) lost height with the initial cross, but all of their offspring when bred on, went back to the original heights/sizes. The best part was that I indeed locked in the wonderful characteristics and traits with the initial cross such as: very correct legs, big laid back shoulder, powerful hind quarter,... the typier head was a cool plus. I am awaiting a 3rd generation foal from one of these breedings in the next month. I am very very pleased with the athletes it has been producing for me. I studied the practice from the old breeders though. I did my first crosses with the help of old breeders, then went forward from there. Best decision I ever made.

Double Starz Ranch
Senior stallion - Allahs Sukkar Abiad
Junior stallion - Royale Sumernitz
www.doublestarzranch.com

#52 Mary

Mary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:06 AM

Love stuff like this. I am curious though, many of the linebred horses I've seen seemed like they lost size, is this a common occurrence?

The one half brother to half sister we did resulted in a colt that has surpassed both of his parents in size.  he was absolutely tiny as a foal, but is now around 15.2, dam 14.2 sire 15.1. Maybe that is not common.

#53 jcja

jcja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:20 PM

This the my 2015 colt who is the product of a father to daughter mating - Venetian x Venetian daughter (out of a Psyche Fame VF+ daughter.) With the sudden passing of Venetian yesterday, I cannot express how very grateful (and relieved as I have only a few straws of frozen semen because I was planning to freeze him this fall) I am to have this colt as he is almost a carbon copy of his sire and may prove to be even more prepotent. He Is an end of July baby and as such, is obviously behind his peers in maturity. With that said, he has still managed to accomplish a Las Vegas Breeders Cup Top 5 Yearling Colt and Top Ten supreme Champion Stallion in April as well as Region 9 Res Champion Yearling Colt last month. I am expecting a full sibling (sexed as a filly) in Jan 2017 as well as a brother to sister mating of Venetian to my Versace daughter Shakira GA (full sister to US Natl Champion Mare MPA Suzanna.)

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

#54 beyfan

beyfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:03 PM

This the my 2015 colt who is the product of a father to daughter mating - Venetian x Venetian daughter (out of a Psyche Fame VF+ daughter.) With the sudden passing of Venetian yesterday, I cannot express how very grateful (and relieved as I have only a few straws of frozen semen because I was planning to freeze him this fall) I am to have this colt as he is almost a carbon copy of his sire and may prove to be even more prepotent. He Is an end of July baby and as such, is obviously behind his peers in maturity. With that said, he has still managed to accomplish a Las Vegas Breeders Cup Top 5 Yearling Colt and Top Ten supreme Champion Stallion in April as well as Region 9 Res Champion Yearling Colt last month. I am expecting a full sibling (sexed as a filly) in Jan 2017 as well as a brother to sister mating of Venetian to my Versace daughter Shakira GA (full sister to US Natl Champion Mare MPA Suzanna.)

Very sorry for your loss - your colt looks lovely. How wonderful that you have him!

#55 zeplinsmom

zeplinsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:49 PM

This little cutie was born yesterday. She is the result of breeding my stallion to his paternal half sibling. This is a cell phone photo sent by her owner, but I plan to visit and get photos in November. Pedigree: http://www.allbreedp...om/sayida shaba

13920226_10157268552435215_2439974658682220524_o.jpg

NUHA ARABIAN ATHLETES ( http://nuhaarabianathletes.webs.com ) standing:

OSIRION (Omar Saaliim x Mysteekh by Ibn El Mareekh) - 2011 grey Straight Egyptian Arabian stallion

breeders of SE and CMK Arabians of classic type, beauty and movement

#56 BarnOwl

BarnOwl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

I am so sorry to hear Venetian passed away! Somehow I missed it. So so sorry. I have hugely admired him and his foals on your threads.