Photo

Once upon a time - Selket Arabians

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
702 replies to this topic

#11 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

What will happen to the horses?

ARM is getting possession of them. They have to foster them in SC until the trial is over.

#12 marezee

marezee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

This was not a new event - it was happening for a long time in Michigan as well. It was reported but apparently not enough was done. People are not always how they portray themselves, especially
through the invisibility of the internet. Jim Andresen must be rolling over in his grave at the thought of how his beloved horses have ended up. This makes me very angry - knowing what I know.

#13 sparky

sparky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

This was not a new event - it was happening for a long time in Michigan as well. It was reported but apparently not enough was done. People are not always how they portray themselves, especially
through the invisibility of the internet. Jim Andresen must be rolling over in his grave at the thought of how his beloved horses have ended up. This makes me very angry - knowing what I know.

I read your posts on another forum.  You seem to have a real dislike for this man.  If you have facts, state them.  I for one do not like innuendo.

#14 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

Agreed, Sparky. The whole childish "I know something you don't know" gets pretty boring.

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :( 

#15 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

Was he a member of ABN? Or am I confusing this story with someone else.
Sonya

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, there would be more vegetarians"

#16 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

Was he a member of ABN? Or am I confusing this story with someone else.

Yes he is a poster on ABN.  He still posts here now and then.  

As Dowedoit said he had some serious health issues about a year or so ago.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#17 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:47 AM

I found a thread here where many, including myself were wishing him well due to his health being in decline.

He made an unusual post on his personal facebook page 20 hours ago.
Sonya

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, there would be more vegetarians"

#18 marezee

marezee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

I have never posted about him on any forum - so I don't know what you are talking about "Sparky". I'll tell it like it is because I am not playing games -I know something you don't know etc. These horses have been starved and neglected for the last several years - They were originally bred and owned by the Selket Farm owner Jim Andresen -who passed away several years ago and left them to this guy. It has irritated me to watch him write the things he has about loving his horses knowing the condition that they were in and how they were kept. I know that it was reported to animal control in Michigan- but apparently not enough, if anything was ever done. Now they are in another state-I was told one horse died on the transport. Finally maybe something will bring justice to these poor animals. I hate seeing any animal abused in anyway, so this whole situation really upsets me.

#19 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

Sounds like a mess. Just glad someone is stepping in to take care of the horses.

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

www.duelforthecrown.com

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com

#20 Laura

Laura

Laura

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

True a persons  online presence can be very deceiving . Sad state of affairs. However that being said, I would personally be very interested in facts of this situation.