Photo

Temper

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#11 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

I read often that in Egyptian lines are the desendants of Sid Abouhom- El Deree are very bad temperd horses...

Also this is said in Paraskevas Book The Egyptian Alternative Volume II.

The same I heard and read from People in Germany who had known the stallion Farag, a Sid Abouhom grandson.

Also it is said Morafic was not easy to handle, also a Sid Abouhom Grandson. The same is said about Nil a Sid Abouhom son who was sold to Russia.

Also Lady Blunt said that the mare Rodana was bad tempered, the bad temperest of all her Mares.

But I never heard such bad temperd horses in Spanish Line's.

#12 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

the old Spanish studs master's  were ruthless when it came to culling for all undesirable traits  and in doing so  had  high quality stock to line and inbreed  so there foals would be more predictable    if it didnt measure up     out it went

#13 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

Spanish Arabian Horses are amazing then

#14 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

i think i would say they are a comfort to a breeder--there is a lot of great behind them 

#15 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

Unfortunately, I didn't know so much the Pedigree's. I also see that some different meanings about spanish arabian horses.

The Yeguada Militar in spain included in the 90's the sire line of Shafeek (Nazeer) and Carmargue (Skowronek).

But some spanish breeder said today, the horses who traces back to Shafeek and Carmargue are not considered Classic Spanish ONLY Spanish related.

But the Yeguada Militar didn't think so, like Russian included Aswan and all his descendants are be called straight russian, also the polish take palas an aswan son and all his descendants considered pure polish.

I see also in Facebook there are a Group who breed ONLY Horses who traces back to the Yeguada Militar.

Sire line was there: Seanderich, Urusus, Shafeek and Carmargue, dam lines was: Ghazel, Reyna, Sambry, Selimieh, Dammieta, Kadranka, Saklauia-Yadran, Veracruz and Verana. This lines was until the end in 2013, of the Breeding Broodmares and stallion lines there.

In 2013 the arabian herd was sold from yeguada militar.

#16 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:46 AM

Carmargue is the Skowronek to his sire Ibrahim- sire line---5 Skowronek daughter's were sold to Spain  from Crabbet Stud in England an used heavy in the Spanish pedigrees 1 of which u mentioned was Reyna--my mare that i posted  has 2 of the Skowronek daughters in her pedigree 2 times each  Reyna and Jalila  and also she had in the tail female line  the sire of Skowronek who is threw the   Ibrahim  son Korosko who is 1/2 brother to Skowronek and why i bred her to DH Dallas he was a Bask son yes BUT he was out of the Naborr daughter Borrneyna  ----------Naborr himself is the Skowronek sire line and Naborr  is out of  a grand daughter of Ibrahim who is   Lagodna  then the tail female line on Borrneyna is  to double Ferseyne to Raseyn giving 3 more times Skowronek simply said the 2 colts i was lucky to get should sire with the right mare 's in the direction of Skowronek and they are the correct color grey/white-!  i also own Midsimernitzdream  who is a  a grand son of Carmargue and he is out of a El Shaklan daughter who i am expecting with great delight and praying for a filly- out of a Moment daughter--- Moment is the Skowronek sire line threw Salon to Negatiw to Naseem to Skowronek so the foal will be a double sire line to Skowronek-both are the correct color grey/white  -i guess to say i love Skowronek is an understatement-!

#17 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

Me too...Skowronek  was a very Beauty stallion, anyhor the Asil Breeders said he wasn't purebred...but If you look him...and so many so called Asil Arabians,,,then Skowronek had absolutly more Arabian Look, the so called classic Arabian horse.

#18 legacy04

legacy04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:02 PM

Of my 7 horses, 6 are Arabians, and 4 of those are Classical Spanish. The 2 non Spanish horses are Crabbet/CMK lines. I find the Spanish ones FAR more calm and reasonable than the Crabbet/CMK. All of them are great but all 4 of my Spanish are EXTREMELY personable and level headed. One of the 4 Spanish is super high energy and my main endurance horse (when I am competing) but she will go through anything, even her worst fears, when I ask her to.

Lisa Henry
Legacy Ranch
Dane's Legacy 2004 Bay Azteca Gelding
KH Skye Wizard 2002 Bay Arabian Gelding
Graciella HA 2004 Gray Spanish Arabian Mare
Vaquera 2000 Gray Spanish Arabian Mare

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:11 AM

the Spanish breeders bred for a strong  brave war horse yet they are loving and kind minded and if any foals born did not live up to that-- out they went-- most  of the time to the village folks with no papers of heritage so they dont reproduced unwanted traits in the Stud 

#20 felina

felina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

I owned a Spanish related who is very kind and sweet with a sense of humor. He is very forward undersaddle but safe. He is now a therapeutic riding horse.
Look back on our struggle for freedom,
Trace our present day's strength to its source;
And you'll find that man's pathway to glory
Is strewn with the bones of a horse.
Anonymous