Photo

Temper

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

I read so many about the very lovely, kindly temper of the spanish arabian horses, is it really true?

Is the spanish lines different in temper as the egyptians, polish, russian or so?

#2 PleasantNightsArabians

PleasantNightsArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

I own two with a fair amount of Spanish breeding. One is my stallion and he is the quietest, most gentle horse. He is very kind and careful, and is always a pleasure to be around. I love the substance and minds of the Spanish Arabian, and plan to add more Spanish blood to my herd in the future. All of my Araba are sweet and kind, but this stallion is a big snuggly guy who just wants to be loved on. He has wonderful work ethic as well and has been wonderful to start under saddle and ride.
Shadeed DA~2010 Chestnut stallion (Amir Shaklan [Om El Shahmaan x Adiqa Badeia] x Macarena Brahima [Sidi-Brahim x MA Halima Rouge])
PN Alrouhanih~2014 Grey colt (Mirage V++++// x Forrevermore)
Forrevermore~2006 Bay mare (Dark Alibi [Alada Baskin] x Carismor [GG Jabask])
Fiyaero SRA~2008 Grey mare (*Ecaho x Magenta PA [Magyar {Negatraz}])

#3 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:18 PM

My Classical Spanish gelding, HAA Marco Rojo, is energetic and forward under saddle but very sweet and puppy-like (follows me around the barnyard all the time). His big, kind eyes gleam with intelligence. I do adore him!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#4 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

i was very fortunate to have a lovely 1/2 Spanish mare to breed to DH Dallas  - Bask X Borrneyna sired by Naborr     and she sure looked her dams Spanish breeding AF Rennaisance  (  http://www.allbreedp... 3 days old.   189713_188580774510985_7547470_n.jpg?oh=

#5 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:59 AM

this is not what i wrote left most of it out-??

#6 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

this was a lovely 1/2 Spanish mare she not only had a great mind ,she was a loving mom to her foals ,she had great conformation ,great leg bone,lg hoofs,and i only needed to breed her 1 time and she would catch,she foaled out each time for me at about 6 in the evening so  i could go to bed i loved her everything about her.i was so impressed by her i purchased from Heather here on ABN her stallion Midsumernitzdream and had him shipped clear across the country from Calif to Cape Cod,Mass.  I am delighted with him and he is sweet sweet . i so hope his first foal for me is a filly , my mare Fair Enchantment she is sired by Moment and out of a Negatraz daughter is in foal to him. The Spanish horses have so much to offer breeders for a quality all over  upgrade not just great minds

#7 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:19 AM

Most of the Spanish Arabians I have ever been around had great dispositions.

Actually most Spanish bred ANY breed have great dispositions.

A great trainer explained that once -- those horses bred and raised in Spain -- if they didn't have great dispositions, they got eaten....

MaryJo

#8 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:27 AM

MaryJo, it was the same with Peruvian Pasos and Andalusians. Bad disposition was a sentence to feed the kennels. When I was a kid in Panama, several of my little friends rode stallions of these breeds in complete confidence and safety.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#9 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

So we can say: The spanish arabian horse temper is better and kindly als the Polish, egyptian, russian, etc.

I heard the same that the old German bred (Weil/Marbach) had also a very kindly temper.

The weil Marbach stud compare the horses of the Murana I and Moheba I and Nadja.

The People said, the Murana I descendants are more friendly, kindly as the others.

#10 rroyalee

rroyalee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:17 PM

I was introduced to the Spanish Arabian blood by a few here on ABN, namely, Heather (Lacinda), Sue (Mason Arabians), and Los Acres. As a lot of us Arabian breeders, we are more familiar with the Polish and Egyptian lines that are more popular here in the US. The more I learned about the Spanish Arabians, the more these few people here on ABN educated me, the more I fell in love. I now have a mare due in October to Heather and Sue's Spanish bred stallion Midsumernitzdream, and I own the stallion (who is a foal in the picture that Mason Arabian's posted the picture of) Allahs Sukkar Abiad and am expecting foals by him in 2016. While I was out in Massachusetts picking him up, I had the opportunity to handle and work with Midsumertnitzdream. He is a dream! So kind hearted and LOVES his humans. He is a brave soul and has no problem telling the other boys on the place that he is top guy (as the Spanish horses HAD to be brave), but is still sweet as candy to his people. On my way back from Massachusetts, I was in an accident. I rolled my horse trailer with my mare and my new stallion in it. It was his first time trailering. He stood still as could be with his head in my chest, while the EMT's/Firefighters used the jaws of life to cut him out. He never moved. They couldn't believe he was a stallion, let alone being trailered with a mare. After they got him cut out, he and my mare loaded right up onto another trailer and were hauled away to a safe place. He spent the next 2 days fretting over my mare who was injured far worse than he was. I am completely sold on how amazing minded the Spanish lines are.

Double Starz Ranch
Senior stallion - Allahs Sukkar Abiad
Junior stallion - Royale Sumernitz
www.doublestarzranch.com