Photo

Erykk MF Producing Trot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Maplewood

Maplewood

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:13 AM

Once again, from the Vicki Humphrey Training Center, comes talent nurtured by her team. Once again, it's an Erykk offspring. To my knowledge, 100% of the five foals sent to her have demonstrated trainability, trot, hocks and a bright go forward disposition. Ho Chi Mama topped the charts at $17,700 in last year's Addis Auction (green and unshown), then Erykk the Red, Gerykk, Strykke and now Star of Erykk are all gifted athletes.

With no Huck or Afire Bey V blood and the strongest Old World Polish lines - Erykk offers an excellent choice for breeding athleticism, fluidity and extension to the trot, and bodies built for propulsion from the hind.

Here's the most recent video link of Star of Erykk - a great representative of the sire. Thank you to Becky Thomas, breeder and fine horsewoman who recognized early the value of this blood.

https://www.facebook...&type=2

Heidi Sause
Maplewood Farm
www.maplewoodfarmarabians.com
North Bend, Oregon
USA

#2 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

how exciting for you

if they are with Vicki I will maybe get to see them showing in region 12 shows?

#3 Maplewood

Maplewood

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:35 PM

Siiamese, I've been fortunate that this breeder has financed all THREE of her foal's training. She is hoping to get a return on her investment. I'm not sure she has the desire to pay for the showing. She has endeavored to breed and prepare prospects and hopeful a rider, who would like to compete, will take them from here. I DO hope you see them at your Region 12!

Heidi Sause
Maplewood Farm
North Bend, Oregon
USA

#4 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,649 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:31 AM

I will write their names somewhere and watch for them this spring as we start showing

I saw one of the trainers posting on FB that he has a client looking for an EP prospect just the other day

#5 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:31 PM

I looked at the vidoes of the two Vicki Humphrey has in training/for sale and liked them both.  Looks like Erykk crossed on El Ghazi mares is a good cross.

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...

#6 Maplewood

Maplewood

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:12 AM

Vicki Humphrey's training barn just accepted another Erykk colt, four horses were brought for evaluation and Strykke was the one who was selected. He's a four year-old out of a Saddlebred mare we've been waiting so patiently to watch blossom! May have short video or photo from visit this weekend.

Foal picture 2011

2011 1:2 Arab colt.jpg

Heidi Sause
Maplewood Farm
North Bend, Oregon
USA

#7 PleasantNightsArabians

PleasantNightsArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

Do you have video of Erykk at liberty without shoes including the canter at regular speed? How tall is he?
Shadeed DA~2010 Chestnut stallion (Amir Shaklan [Om El Shahmaan x Adiqa Badeia] x Macarena Brahima [Sidi-Brahim x MA Halima Rouge])
PN Alrouhanih~2014 Grey colt (Mirage V++++// x Forrevermore)
Forrevermore~2006 Bay mare (Dark Alibi [Alada Baskin] x Carismor [GG Jabask])
Fiyaero SRA~2008 Grey mare (*Ecaho x Magenta PA [Magyar {Negatraz}])