Photo

New and with some news about PL Lancers Kitty

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 chuckunuck

chuckunuck

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hi, I am Charles Bigelow, or Chuck. I am new to this website and it has taken me over an hour just to find out how to post stuff! So, I was reading some forums on this website about a horse of mine, PL Lancers Kitty. Apparently she "fell through the cracks" if I am not mistaken. Well I wanted to give some info about her:

PL Lancers Kitty, or Kitty, is happily living at my house in Maryland with two friends; a polish bay mare and an Anglo-Arab grey gelding. She has been taught to ride, albeit by someone who has never been given an official lesson on how to ride... so she is not the best at riding. Even so, she has made a lot of progress since she came to my home a few years ago. She used to fear people and would not let anyone get near her face or put a halter on. After some extensive work, she now allows people to put bridles, saddles, and halters on as well as enjoy getting brushed (she never gets tired of that). She is definitely happy where she is now, but is a little too smart for her own good, eg. breaking out of fence and into things not supposed to, etc.

I hope this clears up any confusion that has occurred a few years ago during her transfer to me. If anyone has information on either her or her bloodline, please let me know!! Thanks for your time. Here is a picture of her.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-06-04 18.46.48-1.jpg

#2 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

Welcome, Chuck! And thanks for the pic of your lovely mare. Sure looks like you are taking great care of her!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#3 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

Welcome to ABN Chuck!  Your mare looks wonderful!

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...

#4 HGEsquire

HGEsquire

HG Esquire+

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,321 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:56 AM

I believe I shared some history re: her breeding back then. Will check it out. Thanks for the update. She looks fabulous!

Denise Gainey

HG Esquire+, Rated 'E' for EVERYONE
GCA & Sport Horses on Facebook

Where Quality & Friendship Matter!

#5 bettyk

bettyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:32 AM

That girl hit the jackpot...she looks beautiful and obviously well cared for! Doesn't get any better than that.

Ravenwood Qahtahn (Qahtahn x Ravenwood Gemmone)

Arabest Kaliel (Arabest Kalid x Arabest Denabiela) - The most special stallion, lost 4/9/16

El Ghorab Sneferu (GAF Mosaad x Stonehedge Fateza) - Sadly lost 6/6/10
Tsynful Sensation (Simeon Sanegor x Woodhill Tsabrina) - Forever in my heart, lost 8/8/11

#6 chuckunuck

chuckunuck

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

Funny thing is that I did not use any conditioner in that picture

#7 luvarabhorses

luvarabhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

That shine means she is eating nutritious food and she looks like she gets plenty, which is wonderful. :)

#8 californianinkansas

californianinkansas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

Welcome to ABN!

PA Hi-Ly Visible: [(by Magnum Psyche) PA Hi-Noon x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)], frighteningly intelligent 2005 chestnut Arabian gelding.

Sterling, aka "Fluffy": mellow and bombproof grade Arabian gelding. His putative identity is Sterling Son (by Baraka Zouheir), pending submission of the DNA test kit.

Moonie the Mob Boss: mini palomino gelding, was the head of a large drug cartel in his previous lifetime.